Thursday, October 30, 2014

I am Dr. Mattenstein!

River and the artist formerly known as Leaf (Joaquin)
Before I start (though by me typing this I guess I have started) my hetero life-mate Greg pointed out to me that in yesterday's blog I wrote I was going to make a film starring River Phoenix. Well, I guess I let the Matt out of the bag and yes, I can do the Dr. Frankenstein and bring him back for the film. Or, maybe he lives with Elvis, Michael Jackson, Jim Morrison and the other stars who have faked their deaths to get out of the public limelight. Actually, I meant Joaquin Phoenix - I wrote that note in a dark theater in Champaign, Illinois while watching the movie Her with Cha Cha and Splenda. That is to say I was at the theater with them not that they were in the film. Greg also pointed out that River Phoenix died 21 years ago tomorrow - he died on Halloween. That makes my slip-up even more creepy (again, only coincidence - or is it?). If my math is correct, and it usually is not, he would have been 47 years old tomorrow. That actually makes me feel young.

My weekend has commenced. Today has been very exciting so far. I worked six hours (0000 - 0600), I came home and cleaned the kitchen and made Fabio's lunch, slept for five hours, made the garage winter-ready, went to Goodwill and donated some items (cleaning the garage does that sometimes), fixed the garage door opener (never knock one of those electric eye things off the rails - they are a pain to get back lined-up), I played with Jeff... Tomorrow will be one of those mornings where I am thinking, "I hope the garbage man takes all of our garbage." Now I have to remember what else I need to do.

Oh yeah, I also watched the film Rush. It recorded in the MIDDLE of the night while I was working. I remember when it came out and the advertisements all said that it was Ron Howard's best film. I knew that was bologna given some of this great films (The Da Vinci Code, Cinderella Man, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Parenthood, Night Shift, Far and Away, Splash...) so I was kind of against seeing it. But, it was on HBO so I thought I would give it a shot since we have HBO and all. I was happily surprised that I liked it a great deal. I would still say that it is not Opie's best film, probably not even be in the top seven) but it was worth watching. Unless he was hiding somewhere I did not see Clint Howard anywhere. That was a surprise - he was even in Cinderella Man as a boxing referee. Ron couldn't have had him working on a pit crew or something in the background in the film?

I think I may have mentioned it but, I get to work an hour of overtime Saturday night/Sunday morning. One thing about working overnights is that, when Daylight Savings Time comes and goes, you get to work an hour more or less depending on which one it is. I still thing, and I know I blog about it twice a year, that we should do-away with that out-dated ritual. Technology makes it that we no longer need to honor Benjamin Franklin on this one; he did plenty of other things that we remember him for - this is a bad one.

I don't think I have eaten today and it's 1733. Cha Cha should be on her way home and maybe we will go get something to eat. I wish we had a Sweet Tomatoes out here. I don't like driving very far for a salad; I am in the mood for a salad though. I should probably get dressed in non-garage cleaning clothes if we are going somewhere. Thanks a lot for stopping in. I will blog again tomorrow (the anniversary of River Phoenix's death) between my other todos. Have a great night. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment