Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Bloggin'

I am in one of those "why are we here? what is our purpose?" moods. I often think about non-human animals and feel it is weird that they are here just to run around and eat and poop all day. That is why we were put here too I suppose but some Neanderthal or cave-dwelling creature decided that it would be fun to start fire and collect stuff so he/she had more and better stuff than that other poor dunderhead in the cave next door. Now, because of this one knucklehead (yes, his head probably looked like a knuckle) we work all day (or night) so we can fill somebody else's pockets buying things we could either live without or have made ourselves if we weren't slaves to the lives that something resembling a human millions of years ago lit a fuse to make us think we have to have. That was a really long sentence but, just because somebody decided that it shouldn't be, I am leaving it long. I am even tempted to go back and make it longer but I won't. Would I rather just sit around and do nothing? No. I may just be in a George Bailey moods that will pass. Somebody must have put that "I want to make a difference" thought in my head too. I tell myself that this blog and Dirty Laundry Podcast might make a difference by showing people that they are not the only ones who feel the way they do and helping them to forget their troubles/problems for a few minutes but maybe that is just me being that knucklehead now. Our world has just become a series of distractions to help us get to the end of our days. Time to get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. That was not intended to sound maudlin though it probably does sound that way. Halloween is Friday though isn't it?
Glad I don't have that part of it

Halloween being Friday (three days from now) makes me realize why I am in the mood I am in. Halloween is on October 31st. October 31st is the last day of the month (meaning the end of the month) and I usually MATTstruate at the end of the month so, I am just moody maybe. If you are new to the blog you may not know that I think males have their "time of the month" too. I know that I do. You know, where we get moody and sensitive and the like. I bet if someone did a study of some infamous male psychos in our history they would discover the 28-30 day Psycho Cycle (I capitalized and italicized that because I think it should be an actual thing - now it is copy-written here too and I own it).

I just checked my emails and I see that Discover has just raised my credit card limit by another $2500. I did not ask for that and I really do not want it. Pretty soon I will be able to pay the house off on my Discover Card. The lenders just like to keep dangling the dough out there so that they can get us in trouble. I know it is their job to make money but it seems predatory to me. It's like saying, " hey, you have been able to keep your bill paid and we need to try to see how far we can extend you until you get in financial trouble." I suppose most people would consider this a good thing but it is the end of the month - my time of the month. Maybe if my MIDDLElife crisis kicks into full gear I will take the card and buy some car and drive to the Bahamas. Yes, I will figure out how to drive to the Bahamas. We are actually planning a winter trip to the Bahamas and I think maybe Discover caught wind of that. Sneaky bastards - just in time for my "change."

I have blogged myself out. Thank you for stopping-by to share my Matt-life crisis. I really appreciate you stopping by. We will record the new show tomorrow or Thursday and it should be up no later that Saturday. Have a great rest of your day and night (my ThursDAY). I know I will blog tonight because I always have a lot to bitch blog about at the end of the month. TTTT...MITM (out to see what I can spend $2500 on) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment