Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just Let Me Be Huckleberry Finn

"Where are my shoes and car keys?"
Don't take what I am about to blog as maudlin or suicidal or anything dark but - I think my work here is done. Maybe I am just super tired. It is my weekend right now so maybe the couple of nights of recharging my batteries will help. I think I just need a change or maybe I am going through a change of arriving on the other side of MIDDLE? I just wish I could be post-incarnated as a Native American or a rabbit or something. Every night I see deer and skunks and wolves and coyotes and foxes and rabbits and raccoons and geese and beavers and  cats and dogs and I wonder why we decided to become slaves to our "things." I just want to be Huckleberry Finn and live off the Matt of the land like we were meant to do. When did we decide that we needed so much stuff. With stuff comes aggravation; things break or need new batteries or need clipping or mending or altering or updating or whatever. Why does the word "raccoons" have the little red squiggle underneath it? Raccoons is a word Spell-check! I love when I am smarter than Spell-check. See, even Spell-check causes us undo aggravation sometimes. I almost spelled aggravation wrong there on purpose just to piss Spell-check off.

I have found a job that I am going apply for. Ironically, it will probably cause me more stress than I have at my current job but the pay is better. The hours will probably be just as bad but I am not sure about that yet. It is in the entertainment industry and it is close very to home. It is frightening to make changes like this but what have I got to lose? If I make the move and it doesn't work out I probably would not be able to come back to my current job because we have a hiring-freeze on and, if they filled my position there would not be a position for me no MATTer how awesome I am at my job and, I am awesome at my job. There have been carrots dangled at my current job of day-time hours but I think those carrots are, like carrots dangled for horses, are just there to make morons like me run a little faster trying to capture something that is unattainable. It may even be one of those jobs that they already have somebody in mind for but they have to post it for legal reasons but I will try to take a chomp out of that carrot.

Just a side note - I really like the music of Buddy Holly. I like lots and lots of music but I just heard Rave On. Yes, I know that clip is Gary Busey but, though he is a total loon, he was great in the film and he did great singing the songs. He was nominated for Best Actor. He lost to John Voight in Coming Home. I love that movie too. I am going to see if it is on HBOGo or Netflix right after I am done here.I could not wait - it is on Netflix and I am going to watch it when I am done here. Actually, it is playing right now and the audio continues while I type this. Our "first dance" at our weeding was True Love Ways by Buddy. Did you know that The Beatles were named The Beatles because of Buddy Holly? Paul McCartney loved his music (Buddy Holly and the Crickets). I always get chocked-up at the scene when they play The Apollo.

I just caught Fabio tying Jeff's front legs together. Jeff was fussing a bit but not much. Though it was probably a bit cruel Fabio was doing it to try to teach Jeff to walk like you. Next will be teaching him to talk like you toooo. Ironic since I was writing about wanting to be about a wild animal with less pressures. I bet all of our pressures began to expand the day we began walking upright.
Now we're talkin' (and walkin')

Pretty sure we are going to record the new Load of Dirty laundry Podcast is a few hours and, when I get home from seeing my parents in the morning, I will edit and get the show up for your aural enjoyment. First, I have to get dressed - it's the crack of 16:31 and I am still in my jammies; I tell Cha Cha that I feel like Hugh Hefner most of the time. I think we are going to go out to the orchard and get some apples (and probably some apple donuts). I will certainly blog tomorrow after I get back from visiting the P's. I may be editing at the same time. Have a great night; thanks for stopping by. TTTT...MITM (out - of my jammies) TA! I forgot how much I like this film. Maybe I need to check on La Bamba next? Double TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment