Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I Believe the Children Are Our Future

I believe the children are our future
I cannot believe that the Cardinals are actually going to play at 15:07. I may get to watch this game and still get some sleep before work tonight. I am saddened that Yadier Molina is out and is listed as "day-to-day." They have not removed him from the roster because, if they do, he would not be eligible to play in the World Series WHEN they make it. He is playing the role as an assistant coach right now but is still on the roster. His game presence will be missed; he is the field leader without a doubt. The last game, after he was out, got a bit shaky behind the plate but it worked itself out. It's now 16:48 and it is the fifth inning. Time sure flies when you are doing stuff. Cards were down 4-0 and now they are only one run behind.

If you listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast you are most likely familiar with the group Playing For Change. They build music schools for children throughout the world; mainly in underdeveloped countries. Another person that we have met because of the show (we play his music from time-to-time) is Mathew Tembo. Like PFC does, Mathew is going to start a music school in his home country of Zambia. He is looking for donations of old (or new) music instruments to help in this endeavor. I have a drum set in my basement that has just sat there for the ten+ years we have been in this house and I have agreed to donate my drums along with about 100 used drumsticks, I bet I have a couple of tambourines down there too as well as other various percussion items I can add. Mathew will be back in Illinois in April and will stop here to pick up the drums and if you have anything to add to help I will be happy to give them to him or, if you wish, I can let you know when he will be here and you can meet him and give it/them to him yourself. I am sure we will talk a lot about it on the show. Mathew is going to put together a message so we can play that on the show too.

A home run ties it up. See, who says karma doesn't work? I think I need to find something else to donate - I may win World Series MVP.
Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter still saving the world
I just got a message from The Found Sock (of Dirty Laundry Podcast fame) that the Sock family has a clarinet that they will donate. That Facebook thing does serve a good purpose other than connecting with friends.
Tonight is my Thursday. It has been a long week at work. Maybe I will just go to Zambia and help with that music school. If Jimmy Carter ban still help build houses for Habitat For Humanity at 90-years-old I think maybe I could just quit a job that I am tired of and go sweat my ass off helping to save the world.

Speaking of music they just showed Steve Perry of Journey lip syncing to their song Don't Stop Believing from the audience. Journey is from San Francisco as you might imagine. The fans were going crazy. Yet another reason the Giants should not go to the World Series. I saw Journey in concert when I was in high school - one of the great big embarrassments of my life.

I am going to end here and watch the end of this game and get some sleep. It will probably go extra innings so I will be very sleepy at work again tonight. From 0300-0530 tomorrow morning I will be sitting at a desk  matting a post. Some people man or woman a post - I matt the post. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I am so looking forward to my weekend (pretty much like 100% of the rest of the world). I am really happy Cha Cha is back from down south - I really missed her. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment