Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Guarantee I Will See Jesus This Weekend (and Waldo, of course)

They couldn't find one more friend to be Phil?
Hey, I get another hour of Comp Time on Saturday night/Sunday morning - Daylight Savings Time ends. It would have to fall on what has been, historically, one of our busiest nights of the year at work. Halloween weekend is crazy at work. I am thankful that Halloween itself falls on a Friday this year. In past years, when it fell in the MIDDLE of the week, we were busy both the weekend before and the weekend after Halloween. Since the weekend before Halloween this year was last week and we were not that crazy that one is out of the way. Maybe it will thunderstorm or something this Saturday and the streets won't be filled with Waldos and Jesuses and women dressed in various degrees of undress. I must admit that I do like many of the characters (costumes) that wonder the streets throughout the night - for an extra hour this year.

I think I am going to run to the supermarket right now. I need to do something for dinner tonight and I am low on stuff for Fabio's school lunches. I still cannot believe he doesn't want to eat the school lunches; maybe he is smarter than most. I am not sure if he has ever eaten school lunch his entire three and whatever percentage of this year is done in high school. I make his lunch every day. Last night I made it at night for a change and threw it in the refrigerator and then, when I got home from work this morning, I just pulled it out of the fridge. I cannot believe it took me that long to decide to do that. I will be back in what will seem like nanoseconds.

Okay, I am back and we are having salmon and corn on the cob for dinner. I am not sure if I am going to fire-up the grill or just cook inside. I am leaning toward the grill.

The little mini note books that I have in my work clothes (pants, coat and shirts) and lying around are getting kind of full of the ideas that pour into my melon day and night.My memory is not near what it once was so I write stuff down. I am going to empty a few of those notes beginning right here right now. Be prepared - the things may mean nothing or cure supposedly incurable maladies:

1. Are an underwriters and a subscribers the same things? 
2. I don't like when somebody is looking for something and they say, "I have looked everywhere." I   guarantee that there is at least one place you haven't looked - the place where your thing is.
3. "I mean" is the new "ya know." I mean the only difference is that "I mean" generally goes at the     beginning of a sentence and "ya know" usually goes at the end of a sentence, ya know?
4. A runny nose, dry skin and chapped lips must all have purposes, right? Besides driving us nuts.
5. Write a film about Mark Twain starring River Phoenix.
6. Doing things exclusively by seniority is a stupid concept. It promotes laziness.
7. Heard someone call goosebumps "alligator skin." I had never heard that before.
8. Funny how setting the thermostat in the car at 72 degrees can be heat one day and AC the next.
9. WGN used to be comfort like: meatloaf, mac & cheese, apple pie... Now Cubs are gone?
10. Why do I have to pay for television and there are still commercials? Yet, I keep paying.

Wow, I just ripped out ten pages of notes that either mean nothing or mean everything. I may even have written about some of those things before and just not crossed-off the notes or ripped out the pages. Now, if I need to recall them I can just have to come to October 29th, 2014. I will be right back - I have to write that date down in one of my notebooks.

I am so happy that tonight is my Friday. I feel like I write that every single week. Over the next few days I have to: organize the basement to get a few things from the garage down there, fix the electric eye thingies so the garage door functions properly before winter (Fabio is a bull in a china shop), get the Fiat and the 4Runner serviced, ignore the door bell all night Friday night (may go to a movie because we earned a free ticket with our rewards points. It expires this weekend)...

Speaking of movies, Cha Cha and I went and saw St. Vincent last week. We will talk about it when we record the new Load of Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow between my other chores. Spoiler alert, in case you are looking to see a film before the next show is up - I recommend it! Oddly, Groundhog Day is on in the background. I would have said "ironically" but it is only coincidence, not irony.

Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will probably blog tomorrow betwixt my chores while I eat lunch or something. Have a great whatever is left of your day/night. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment