Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Guaranteed World Series Winner!

It's a lock - all Missouri World Series again
I imagine you're getting tired of me blogging about baseball but this is more of a sure-fire gambling tip if you are so inclined. I am going to tell you, what two teams will be in the World Series and which team will win it. When you win money remember where you heard / read it and make sure to tip your tipster. Based on my findings you are going to assume that mu results are biased but I assure you that they are not. Here are some of my predictions factual findings: the Orioles will get swept by the Royals - that series will end today (I am writing this at 14:48 - about twenty minutes before the first pitch will be thrown). So, there is team number one in the Series (the Royals). Over in the National League the Giants are leading the series two games to one. The Cardinals, however are going to win this series and meet the Royals in the World Series. The World Series will go seven games and the Cardinals will win. Though I am a Cards fan I would actually like to see the Royals win the Series but it is not in the "cards." That is funny, not because of the Cards/Cardinals but is directly related to my "system."

Would have preferred the Obama card
Okay, here is the story behind my system (it only works for me so telling the world about it won't allow anybody else to steal it). I was at the store and they has lots of old unopened packs of baseball cards for sale. They have probably sat in the backroom or in the toy section for quite awhile so they reduced the price significantly and brought them to the front of the store. The last three or four times I have been to this store I have bought two or three packs. My system is based solely on the three packs I bought today (probably about 60 baseball cards in all). Anyway, while driving I opened the packs (it isn't texting so it's okay). Anyway, I started to think to myself,"self, I wonder how many cards I have from each of the four remaining teams in baseball. So, as I shuffled through the cards I set aside the cards from each of these four teams. Base on that I KNOW how the remainder of the post-season will go. I had zero Orioles cards so, they are done today. I had one Giants card so they will be eliminated before the Series. And I had four Royals cards and four Cardinals cards which is where I arrive at in going all seven games. The reason that I know the Cardinals will win the Series is that I also have a nice A.J. Pierzynski card from when he was on the White Sox. I assume, since he is on the Cardinals they will win but, the card was from when he was in the American League as the Royals are now. For some reason I also got a Mitt Romney card. I have no idea why it was in one of these packs. George W. Bush would have made sense since he partially owned and was Managing General Manager of the Rangers but Mitt? Maybe it is a baseball glove reference - I am not kidding I really got a Mitt Romney card. I wonder if it's his rookie card? He is from Connecticut so maybe that qualifies as an Orioles' card (east coast).

While I was out I went to buy some new work boots. I have a pair of black Nike work boots that I have loved for the past couple of years. They take a lot of wear because I walk a lot at work and I also drive a lot; both of these are tough on boots. I went to the same place that I bought the ones I am trying to replace. They don't carry the Nike ones anymore so I am going to check on-line. Anywho, I was wearing my bright red Cardinals' jacket with the birds on the bat. The guy worked there asked if I was a Cardinals' fan. I always like when people ask that extremely obvious answered question. When I said "yes" he boo'd me and then said he was "sorry." We both laughed and I asked if he was a Cubs' fan and he asked, "how did you know?" I said, "because you are sorry."

I have to get dinner started so I am gonna cut this short. Have a great Wednesday night (I call it FriDAY). Pretty soon all of my baseball talk will be over here for several months. Thanks for stopping in - I really do love you coming by when you can. TTTT...MITM (out to make and eat dinner) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment