Friday, October 24, 2014

Fat Around the Middle

Wow, I knew it had been awhile since I have blogged last but did not realize it has been a week until I logged-on right now. Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies. We recorded Dirty Laundry Podcast which has been up for a couple of days now. Editing always takes about five hours usually split into two days. I took Cha Cha to the airport so she could fly to California and stay for four days. Then, yesterday, I went back and picked her up at the airport. Her trip and my airport fiasco yesterday will make for more podcasting fodder. I am not sure if that is a proper use of the word "fodder" but I like it regardless. I stopped at an outlet mall on the way to the airport yesterday and found the work boots I was looking for (the same ones that I have currently) at the Nike outlet store. Today I waterproofed the boots, went grocery shopping, mowed the lawn, changed the sheets on the bed, I am on my fourth load of laundry. There's plenty more but you get my excuses the idea.

I have to figure out dinner for tonight. So far (it is 12:24 now) I have only had a pear to eat today. I really need to lose weight again. The 84 pounds that I lost is creeping back on. More like stampeding than creeping to be more precise. I know how to lose the weight, as I have done it before, but, for some reason, I am not as focused in this area yet as I was back then. Every day I tell myself, "self, this is the day that I take this seriously." And, then, I tell myself the same thing again in a couple of days. I am a weak, pitiful soul. It is odd how we can commit to some things like: not killing people, staying faithful to our spouses, going to jobs that we cannot stand every single day... that list could go on and on but, we cannot convince ourselves sometimes f the things that are good for us. Humans are very complex animals.

All of that blogging about food has made me hungry so I am steaming some broccoli. It's okay to eat as long as I am eating the correct things. Maybe if I bore you with my food escapades every time I blog it will make me accountable - kind of like my own Weight Watchers. I have to think of a better name than that since that one is already taken. Blubber Bloggers? Belly Blog? Matt Fat Around the Middle?  I will work on that. Maybe if I actually started a weight-loss blog I could get sponsors and advertisers and quite that job I just blogged about hating. To be fair, the job I like; there are some aspects of the job that I do not like. Isn't that true about just about everything in our lives though? Maybe I should focus on the aspects that I like and block-out the ones I do not like. That is probably good advise for lots of things.
upside down mortgages are pretty common I think

Now it is 13:27. I ate my broccoli and had an apple. So far today everything that I have eaten has come off a tree or out of the ground - that's a good start. I have to figure out how to grow chocolate chip cookies in the garden. 90% of the time I drink water so that isn't an issue. I will cut out the occasional drinking too I think.

I think I am going to go clean the garage. Winter is coming and I want Fabio to be able to get the Explorer in there. My 4Runner will have to sit outside in the cold. I wonder if I could rent the garage in the vacant house next door for the winter. The house has been vacant for over a year. Speaking of houses, we got a letter in the mail that says our property value has dropped. Some may think that is a bad thing but, since we don't plan on moving anytime soon, I think this is a great thing. This means my property taxes will be lower next year. Even with the property value lowering we still owe less than the house and property are worth. I know a lot of people are not in as fortunate a position. Many people are upside-down with their mortgages (meaning they owe more than the house is worth). It would suck to have to sell your home and still owe on the house - I think that, along with divorce, is what happened to the one next door. Why don't you buy that one and let me rent the third garage stall?

Okay, I have to get busy in the garage. Have a great Friday night. Thanks a lot for stopping-by and for listening to the podcast. I may blog tomorrow but, with my weekend ending tonight, I may not. For some reason, in my head, I figure people read this more during their week (usually Monday - Friday) than they do on weekends because, while people at work, they seem to have more time to kill than they do when they are home; I base this theory on nothing. Thanks again. TTT?...MITM (out)! Right-side up!

No comments:

Post a Comment