Saturday, October 4, 2014

Holocaust and a Dying Planet

Wow, a two-day weekend is amazing; one of the many things I take for granted. I got a lot of things done: some painting, recording and posting Dirty Laundry Podcast, some car things done, getting the snow blower ready for battle (just in time it appears), grocery shopping, watching the Cardinals beat the Dodgers last night (man,what a game)... Two days off a week were a great "invention." It appears that I may get to enjoy this idea for a little while but, I am never 100% confident of that. It's the nature of the job. I did not, however, find time to blog until now (Saturday morning). I wish I had a three-day weekend this week though because St. Louis plays again tonight at 20:30; I leave the house at 21:30 and am usually still asleep at 20:30. Perhaps I will go down a little earlier than usual and get up to watch an hour or so of the game and listen to the rest on the radio or on my favorite app (At Bat).

If you listen to the show you may remember our show with holocaust survivor Madga Brown who we interviewed at the Illinois Holocaust Museum. She now has a website (magdabrown.com) and they included a link to our show (specifically that particular Load). I am happy that I did not delete that show. Our show was just upgraded to "Pro" status this week. That means we have lots more space for shows - we went from 5Mb to 20Mb or whatever. It is a significant jump whatever it is.

I just heard a report that Earth's wildlife's population has decreased by 52% since 1970. Of that, 78% is from fresh water sources. World Wildlife Federation International (the good WWF) says it is largely due to: climate change/global warming, hunting and fishing, pollution, disease, loss and deterioration of natural habitats. This makes me sad. If this continues it makes sense that that it would spread to other areas. The circle of life is real and so is the circle of death when life begins to end. What can I do? I must admit that I litter occasionally. I rationalize that what I litter is biodegradable and it is but, before it biodegrades, it could clog things up... I am going start by doing my part and hope that it isn't too late. If everybody just polices themselves maybe we can turn this thing around. I could stand to eat a few more fruits and vegetables anyway.
I started watching Hawaii Five-O again. I am actually DVR'ing it and watching it later. The acting on the show is fairly pretty terrible but I love to see the clips of the island. I am sure that one day I will see my brother walking in the background - he lives in Hawaii and is a lot like Forest Gump in that he seems to meet notable people on a regular basis and turns-up in places most people don't seem to be able to get to. Even worse in this episode is that Dane Cook plays Scott Caan's brother (both terrible actors). I really cannot stand Dane Cook. I did like in Mr. Brooks when he got killed (oops was that a spoiler alert from a 2007 film). I kinda liked that film actually; I like Kevin Costner. It was supposed to be a trilogy but I bet Cook ruined that. The next one would be better because his character is already dead. I think I may move to Hawaii - they seem to like fat dudes better down there. According to this show there is a lot there's a lot of kidnapping and shootings there.

Holocaust and a dying planet - what an uplifting blog. At least the podcast is happy. Have a great rest of you weekend as mine draws to a close. Let's hope the accumulation of snow holds off from the MIDDLEwest for awhile. Thank you for stopping-in and listening to the podcast. TTTMonday...MITM (Go Cardinals) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment