Wednesday, October 8, 2014

For the Love of the Blog!

I am pretty tired. I got my regular sleep today but, yesterday I fell a bit behind. The Cardinals played at 1600 yesterday so I watched that game when I normally would have been sleeping; it was worth it - what a great came if you are a Cards' fan. I was actually one of those guys who jumps up in his living room and starts screaming. I thought that stuff just happened to idiots in the movies and on television but, the last time I checked, there is no production crew in my house except when we are recording and I am editing Dirty Laundry Podcast. I guess it happens to idiots in real life too. Now the National League Championship Series (NLCS) comes down to the Giants and the Cardinals starting Saturday at 1900. It's funny how all of the "best teams in baseball" don't appear to be the best teams in baseball after all. Professional sports' seasons don't always turnout the way the media and "experts" like to hype them do they? I listened to sports radio pretty much all night long so I know everything about this upcoming series. Tonight is my Friday so that makes it easier to tough-through less sleep. If the Redbirds make it to the World Series again I am going to one of the games again.

We are going to record the new show tomorrow and I should have it up Friday. Cha Cha leaves on a train Friday (I am taking her to the station). I cannot go because I am too essential to work and those will be one of our two busiest weekends of the year. I would stay away from our town this weekend at most costs.
It never looked like that here unless it was after 06:00

Last night / very early this morning the moon was behaving very oddly (a red moon means this is the Cardinals' year right?). I guess this lunar eclipse was actually called a Blood Moon. As I drove around town I saw all of these people staring up into the sky. I saw the moon in every phase of it and I did not see the big deal. It was a clear night / morning so it was probably as good as it gets. I love, love, love the moon and the stars but I was not impressed. I have always been fascinated with celestial things. That probably comes from watching all of those first launches into space as a very young boy. When I was in third grade in the 1960's I had a jacket with all of the space mission patches on it; I really wish I had those patches now. Yes, I realize the jacket would probably definitely not fit but I could take the patches off. I always think, when things like this happen in the sky, how people hundreds or thousands of years ago must have felt.

It is such a beautiful day today (in my opinion). I love autumn and I love the word "autumn" too. "Fall" is not as classy or sexy as "autumn." I just now realized that I like most words that end in "MN:" solemn, hymn, condemn, column, goddamn... Hey, that's the abbreviation for Minnesota. Thank you for that Blood Moon! I hope the weather is like this when I am sitting in Busch Stadium in a couple of weeks (the Series begins October 21st). They should change "Fall Classic" to "Autumn Classic." If there is a World Series game on a Friday (or maybe even a Thursday) in St. Louis I may even go down there if I don't have a ticket. I will just try to find one of those "who needs two" guys or just go to the new Ballpark Village at Busch Stadium if I cannot get tickets. Man. I love this game!
Praying or crying that he left the Cardinals?

I heard a statistic on sports-radio in the MIDDLE of the night. Since Albert Pujols left the Cardinals to go to the Angels (already eliminated from the play-offs) the Cardinals have won 19 post-season games and the Angels have won zero. They were in the play-offs this year and got swept. I love Pujols but I love his old team A LOT more!

I guess we are going to go to dinner before I come back here and sleep before work. Thanks a lot for stopping-in. If you're not a baseball fan I apologize if I bored you today. Maybe you'll get lucky and the Cardinals will get eliminated by the Giants and I won't have that to blog about. Actually I will probably still blog about it but it will take a sadden tone. I will let you know when the new show is ready. Have a great AUTUMN night. TTTT (94%)...MITM (out on his Friday - woohoo) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment