Tuesday, October 7, 2014

100% Correct 50% of the Time

I was pretty busy last night day so I didn't get a chance to blog. It is 13:37 now and I had hoped to sleep until about 15:45 just before the first pitch of the Cardinals - Dodgers game at 16:00. The series has been great but I hope it ends today. The Cards lead 2 - 1 and, if they win today, they move on to their last series before the World one. If they lose they have to head back to Los Angeles for one more. The Angels (the best team in baseball for most of the season) are gone and now California only has two teams left in the play-offs; the Dodgers and the Giants. The Padres must feel like a bunch of losers being the only Cali team out of five not to make the play-offs. Hey, Missouri has all of their teams left in the play-offs (two) - that seems weird. So does Maryland, sort of (Orioles and Nationals). That means that all six teams left are from three states. Word has it that the Dodgers are making some big moves for today's game replacing one of their big stars and starting their ace pitcher on just a few days' rest. When it's "win or go home" I guess you need to make big moves. I did get to listen to the end of the game last night on the radio. Baseball is the only sport that sounds great on radio. I am not sure why that is but, it is a fact! I took a whole class on that in school (not really) - I have one degree in broadcasting and one in journalism and I am a professional (who doesn't get paid) podcaster so, I am pretty much an expert broadcaster which makes me 100% correct 50% of the time.

In two nights I get another two day weekend (the second one in a row); I could get used to this. Right now, for the next four or five weeks, the three people with the most seniority are the ones forced to work because they are the ones that have Saturdays off. I feel for them but, I did my time and now it's better them than me. However, Cha Cha is going down to see Splenda this coming weekend and I cannot go because I could not get off work; one of our really busy weekends. If someone calls sick over this coming weekend I am going to go atomic or nuclear (are those worse that ballistic?).

Tonight is Cha's Cha's weekly class at Depaul University. That usually means Buffalo Wild Wings for Fabio and I if he is off work. Maybe we could watch the Cardinals game there for awhile while eating. Yes, I have a total obsessive personalty - I know it and obsess over it.

Have you listened to the new Dirty Laundry Podcast yet? I made the like Cardinal red for luck. There sure are a lot of stupid superstitions in baseball and podcasting aren't there? Tomorrow or Thursday we will be recording the new show. Cha Cha is going to California soon and I may be looking for a Cha Cha For a Day again (Brian Didier is the only person to hold this honor so far). Let me know of you're interested. I am not sure when she is going but I think it is soon. She'll probably watch the Cardinals in the World Series out there- she hates sports so that would not be her idea of fun though.

I just looked up and there were three wasps on the window... inside the house. We keep the patio door cracked a lot of the time so Jeff can come in and out and, as I have written here before, we have been getting a lot of bees/wasps in the house because of that. I always catch the bees/wasps in a paper towel and "catch-and-release" them. Sometimes I just catch them in my hand and let them go. I have only been stung once. I am not a religious guy but I do like some of their ideas. "Thou shalt not kill" seems like a pretty good one 97% of the time. I would have limitations on that but, when I can, I practice this on woman and beast alike.

I am going to wrap this sucker up and get some things done before work and baseball. Thanks a lot for listening to the show and for stopping by here. I hope you have a great rest of your day/night. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out). Go Cardinals! Come-on Cubs fans the Blackhawks season doesn't start for a couple of days still. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment