Sunday, March 2, 2014

Playing Pick-up Sticks with My Butt Cheeks

I will be purple, pink, dark blue and light blue - far out!
So, if this were a normal morning I would say that I am about 5 - 6 hours from home (though I have made it in 4 1/2) but, today, with current conditions, I say that I am at least 10 hours from home. I know I always make fun that we have to name storms like they are our pets and, of course, when I am supposed to drive through one of these storms they call it Winter Storm Titan. Who wants to clash with a Titan? I don't have to work until late tomorrow night but, do I just go slow today and make it home in 12 hours? Do I stay put and try it tomorrow when Titan has left and they have had some time to clear me a path? Southern Illinois really does not have much experience dealing with this sort of thing. Do I try to get half way so tomorrow is a shorter trip? I have looked out the window and it is definitely icy and rainy and snowy... I can hear the ice tap dancing on the window. It is only 7AM so, maybe I just wait a couple of hours and re-evaluate. The problem is that even if it seems okay where I am it could change in a second on the trip north (see map above). Generally, the further north you go the worse it gets but this one seems just the opposite. Also, I have the Fiat, not the 4Runner, so wind may become a factor too. I don't feel like dying today; most days I wouldn't mind so much but today, for some reason, I just am not feeling it. This may come into play in my decision. Maybe that was what was really meant by "walking in a winter wonderland?" I wonder what I should do; I am leaning toward staying put today. Is this the "in like a lion" deal they talk about?

I wonder if one of the thousands of television channels will show Remember The Titans or The Perfect Storm today?

The Academy Awards are tonight. Whether I am still here or at home I will be watching True Detective instead. I don't do awards shows. I am usually interested in the results but, as I have said many times but will say it again in case you are new to my bitching, I am tired of rich, successful, popular people having an award show to congratulate themselves for being rich and popular and successful. Why do we want to have our faces rubbed in it? I am happy with who I am and I am happy with who you are. I suppose they have to go for networking purposes and to keep themselves in front of the public but, if they didn't have these shows they would not have to go. I am impressed that The Walking Dead and True Detective are still running their new episodes. There was a day when that would not happen. It is probably due, in part, to the DVR (digital video recorder).
Beet Juice, Beet Juice, Beet Juice!
Maybe Russia and Ukraine will take a break from their fighting to watch The Oscars? What the Hell Russia? Right after you have the Olympics in your country you start a war (potentially)? A real country would have done it during the Olympics. Even if the Olympics were in their own country. The USA will become involved one way or another. We always have to get involved because we are one of the world super powers I guess. I realize a small war could escalate and eventually result in world war so we have to try to help. This seems like the neighborhood bully picking on one of the smaller kids in the neighborhood though. We are calling this an "invasion." This has something to do with ethnic Russians in Ukraine. How come Ukraine used the be THE Ukraine but now it's just Ukraine? Is it like Prince becoming THE Artist Formerly Known As Prince for awhile? I guess on the podcast I am THE Agitator most of the time but, people address me as Agitator and that is fine. THE seems to be a more powerful word than I knew. So, are the price of potatoes and beets going to go up? I need my baked potatoes and fries. Also, how are we supposed to get our road salt purple without beet juice? That is a big deal with Winter Storm Titan in town! Winter Storm Titan and beet juice - now I know why we are involved in this conflict!

I have to start planning my attack (or retreat) for the day so I had better end here. If I die in Winter Storm Titan today know that my last thought was that you were kind enough to read my last blog and listen the the last load of Dirty Laundry Podcast. In the words of Del Griffith, "there's no way on Earth that we are going to get out of here tonight. We'd have more luck playing Pick-Up Sticks with our butt cheeks..." TTTT ("six bucks and by right nut says" that it won't be from home) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment