Sunday, March 23, 2014

Camera Phones Killed the Sketch Artist Star

Good luck trying to copy my forger-proof signature 
Yesterday Cha Cha and I were at the supermarket (I am going to try to bring that word back) and when I went to check-out I put it on the debit card. I use the credit card option because my stupid bank charges me a fee if I use it as a debit card at an unauthorized location. Yes, I know... why not switch banks? This one is very near our home so it is convenient. So, when I "charge" on my card the machine approves the purchase and then I have to sign the line on the machine. I am always creative with my signature. Sometimes I put a peace sign, sometimes an "X," sometimes my first name, sometimes just a horizontal line, sometimes a dot... This time I put down a smiley face. Shows the extent of the security these things have. Advise to you - if you lose your card contact your financial institution right away because somebody may be drawing smiley faces to steal your money. Anyway, Cha Cha saw my "signature" and said, "nice, it looks just like you." That made me think (it usually takes a push-start to make that happen) that maybe I will become a sketch artist at work. We don't have one of those as far as I know. I told Cha Cha and she was the voice of reason and told me that there probably isn't much call for sketch artists anymore because of computers. Buzz kill! I then thought to myself, "self, I bet cameras on every telephone probably helped to put an end to sketch artists too." Camera phones killed the sketch artist star! Damn it, I already had that pay-bump spoken for too.

Maybe me trying to bring the word "supermarket" back is a waste of time too with all of the Super Targets, Super K-Marts and Super Wal-Marts... I really need to get the podcast edited.

Speaking of Target... we are still having hiccups of the Target credit card breech. We weren't even compromised but our bank thought it was good just to send us new cards just in case; they saw that we go to Target regularly. I appreciate this diligence and precaution. The T-Mobile bill is one of the many things that I have set-up for monthly auto-pay and I guess this was the first one since the new cards arrived. So, after they texted I called them and they had a message that said something to the effect that "our phone lines are experiencing heavy call traffic at this time but if you type in your phone number we will call you back in approximately 16 minutes." They called me back within the sixteen minutes and the computer prompted me to type in my phone number and it transferred me to a message that said, "our representatives are all busy please hold and the next available (whoever) will be with you..." So, I hung-up and waited for a call-back that said basically the same thing the first one said 16 minutes ago? Sucker! Anyway, it is all straightened out so I can be in get invitations to play Facebook games wherever I am (incidentally, I do not play any of those games and the invitations annoy me. Not to the point of deleting my friends because of it though).
Which one is the sequel?

Last night I watched White House Down while I tried to fall asleep before work; that was a damn mistake. I KNOW I shouldn't try to use some kind of video to try to fall asleep. Awhile back my buddy Jerome "Jay - "Butterscotch with Sprinkles" Cole was on Dirty Laundry Podcast and told us about a movie that he had just watched at the theater and was one of the best movies that he had ever seen. As soon as it came out we rented Olympus Has Fallen. I thought, "what in the Hell is Li'l Dude talkin' about?" That movie was pretty crappy. I now believe that Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down were out at the same time and he was referring to the latter rather than the former. You can see my confusion since they both came out in 2013, both had black Presidents (Foxx and Morgan Freeman), one had Harvey Dent from Batman (Aaron Eckhart) and the other had Rachel Dawes from Batman (Gyllenhaal) and both titles mean the EXACT same thing just in different ways. White House Down is a pretty good movie. It is pretty much what you'd expect - a lot of shootem' up and explosions and stuff. Jamie Foxx, Channing Tatum or Tatum Channing, James Woods, Maggie Gyllenhaal are all in it. For some reason and, I have no idea why, I really don't care for Maggie Gyllenhaal. She's not a bad actor really. I do like Jake. Katie Holmes would have been better in this role. There is free Starz and Encore this weekend on DirecTv and I set up the DVR and it was a good free movie. I would even have been happy had I watched it at the theater with the popcorn and soda prices.

We have to do tennis racket shopping. Fabio is more serious about the sport this year and last year I told him if he decided to take it up more seriously we'd get him a better racket - today is that day. How come some times it is spelled racket and sometimes it is spelled racquet? Does it make difference if it is for tennis or racket racquet ball?
They're all twitterpated (Disney should have traded-marked Twitter)
Based on work last night I can tell that it is Spring - the skunks (along with all of the rest of the forest folk) have come out of hibernation or whatever they do during the Winter. They are probably all just back from Florida and Arizona. Maybe Jeff should have official K-9 training. He could rid this whole town of skunks and rabbits and raccoons. But, why would we want to get rid of all of these cute animals Jeff?

It was a rare Sunday blog but, I had a lot of stupid stuff I needed to get out before forgot it all. Have a great Tuesday conclusion to your weekend (most likely). Unless you waited to read this at work on Monday and then, have a great beginning of your week. I do appreciate you stopping in and commenting once in awhile. I hope that once in awhile I make you think or smile or feel better about yourself becasue of your mental superiority to me. No MATTer why you stop here and listen to the podcast (which, hopefully will be up tomorrow) I am glad that you do. TTTT probably...MITM (oot and aboot) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment