Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm Just a Little Stitious

It's Weekend Eve. The past three or four Thursdays and/or Fridays we have gone out on the town. I love going out with friends. I don't think we are doing any stepping-out this weekend (Thursday/Friday). I could use a break so that works out pretty well. I doubt that I would say "no" to anything though. I am tired most of the time. I know it has a lot to do with working the graveyard shift (bad choice of words maybe but I am only superstitious when it is convenient or entertaining) but, it is what it is. That being blogged, I doubt that I would say "no" if anything came up. There is talk that I may move to different shift in about eight weeks but, I received that information in an unclassified capacity and I guess that makes it a rumor. It is a low percentage of a chance but, I like to bet against the odds; the pay-out is generally larger. I figure I will stick-it out for another couple of months and see what happens. I like my job a lot I'm just not that fond of the hours or some of the company that I keep. So, if you have a job that pays well, is regular hours with real weekends off I would consider it. Possibly even if the job entailed me cleaning forest preserve port-a-potties from the inside with my tongue.
Not my dream job but, work is work

Thursday, April 10th Cha Cha and I are going to the Windy City (probably nicknamed after me before I was even born) to see that show that I blogged about a week or two ago. Nobody has messaged me about wanting to go with us so, I will probably eat those extra tickets. I know it sucks to go in with us and having to sit in the Bob Ueker section while we are in the real "front row" but we will drive and pay for all the fuel and parking. I will probably take the two extra tickets with us just in case somebody shows up and is out there "whose got twoing." I would rather give them to someone than eat them. I am not much of a "who needs two?" kinda guy. This would be a weird event to do that at too I think. If you want them and don't want to go with us let me know and I can send them to you. Maybe the part about having to ride in and out with me is the deal-breaker. I could just mail them to you though. I am not sure if you need me to get into the show with them though. There was something when I bought them to let them know if I wanted to transfer the tickets to somebody else so, I am not sure if we need identification to use the tix. They say they "like to think there is an IQ limit though" on their web page. I would be happy to find out how to transfer to them to you if you want them (I am not even looking for any scratch for them). Email me at matthelser1@gmail.com if you want more information. Or "Wait" until we record the podcast the next day and hear about what you missed. In all honesty, I am building it up more that I should. Cha Cha will love it but, it may not be for everyone. Jury is still out on whether I will have fun but, I love to try new things. REMEMBER, Cha Cha knows we are doing something that night but she doesn't know what we are doing (I guess you don't really either at this point) so, mums the word - she doesn't read this blog because she says "she lives it."

It's 13:50 already. It will be 21:00 before I know it and those series of alarms that I have set will be blaring. I would say that being late is one of my top ten pet peeves (around number four) so, I have three alarms set all the time. Walk into my crypt at alarm time and it sounds like a Chicago Blackhawks game at The U right after a game-winning goal was scored in triple overtime. I HATE BEING LATE! This seems weird I suppose for someone who seems like such a go-with-the-flow kinda guy but, if other people are involved, I find it rude. I guess it is more that I do not like to be rude and I find that rude. This is one of the eleven characteristics that Hannibal Lecter and I share. Weird, though, it doesn't usually bother me if other people are late to meet me. I am a curious sort. You would think I would be used to being late after about 30 years in a relationship with a hetero life-mate who is almost always late. 

BRB, my steamed broccoli is calling my nostils.

In case you are unaware, the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast is ready. I think our editor could have done a little bit better job this week. There are a few clips that may have gone a little long. He may need to be replaced soon. The show has come a long way since April 1, 2011. Hey, the next show will be the start of our fourth season. We have been doing the show weekly (with a few exceptions) for 148 weeks. I hope we never lose that drive to always get better. I think I may listen to the first show again for old time's sake (or, is that old time sake?). The first show is also still at that link if you scroll all the way down to the end. Most of the shows are not available on the site because we have so much space on the site unless we want to pay more to add space. Since we offer the show for free we try to limit the operating costs of our "hobby." 

I am signing-off for today. Thanks a lot for listening and reading, You are the reason that print is not dead. Okay, the blog isn't actually printed but, you could print the posts if you wanted to I suppose. I would print them all but, now that there is over 1,000 posts I would kill a small forest if I did. There was one time where there was an offer whereby I could pay and they would print them and bind them into a book. That would probably be something cool for my descendents so it could just sit in a box in their basement and eventually get ruined by water or something. I am not realy sure I know what "signing-off" means considering that I am still rambling. Thanks again. I will probably blog over MY weekend and, maybe yours too. TTTT...MITM (gone) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment