Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dancing Douche Bags

Not as big an honor as you might imagine
I am doing some show-prep for Dirty Laundry Podcast now but thought I would take a few minutes and blog. This afternoon and tonight are gonna be busy with podcasting and wining and whining and dining so, this may be my only opportunity. You will be excited to know that this week's show finally has a theme song for Douche Bag County! (copyright/trademark/patent pending...) I hope to have the show up on Monday.

Now it is three hours later and show time is in 32 minutes. I have been getting side-tracked so much. I guess that is what one is supposed to do when they have only one full day off a week; get side-tracked. I am really good at getting side-tracked. I guess I will break here and go do the show and then wrap this up before we head to dinner with part of The Sock Family (Found and Lost).

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. I am somewhere between a man and a mouse and things, for me, go awry quite often because of my hybridness. I am sure most of us can say that our plans seldom go as planned. So, why do we call them plans? They should be called tries or attempts or something instead. It is now 8:32 the next morning (this morning really because it cannot be "next morning" - then I would be writing this tomorrow).

We had a great time at Villa Verone last night. The damn dancing wrecked my buzz though. That was good since I had to drive home. We had the best server ever; she was everywhere! Dancing sure is a funny thing. Why did that ever start? Somebody had a bar or they were at a wedding or something and said, "we need to bounce around like a bunch of psychopaths so our food can digest?" What was the reason? I know that various tribes of people in history have danced for their gods. Why do they think their gods would be entertained by this? Nevermind, watching people dance is pretty entertaining. Maybe bands or record companies thought of a way to make some weekend cash and/or sell records. Maybe it is the alcohol companies to make us thirsty? Why doesn't Gatorade get in on the fun? Are there any Gatorade cocktails? I bet it has been tried. Now I am thinking about Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine and Can't Buy Me Love. I put hyperlinks on the dances in case you want to see them. The LMS clip is kinda poor quality but the only one I could find on the fly. Funny how I think about these three films and not Saturday Night Fever or Footloose or Dirty Dancing first.That should say a lot about my dance style.
What about John Heder and Pat Dempsy?

I cannot believe I have to go back to work tonight. I will be outside most of the night tonight and, of course, it has turned cold again. HAPPY SPRING! Maybe I should call in disinterested. When in Rome...

It sounds like I am being recruited to go grocery shopping. I am really surprised that I am not more tired than I am so, I may go. I should be editing the podcast but, I don't feel very creative this morning so I may wait until tomorrow. That has never stopped me before. I know I will need to try sleep again before I work tonight. I sure do use a lot of conjunctions but, I like them and, I use them or, if I didn't like them I wouldn't use them so much.

Cha Cha thinks that Jeff is trying to speak. Not like the "speak" that we try to get them to do but, the speak like humans do. It is said that Border Collie's are among the smartest of the breeds of dogs but are they really capable of speech? Man, I could so get into not working and travelling around to talk shows and fairs and stuff exploiting Jeff but, I did not hear it. She swears that this morning he was saying the same thing over and over; fairly clear too. She said he was saying "come here f-ck." She said to me, "I can totally hear you saying that to him. He probably heard that from you." I have NEVER said that to Jeff. I asked, do you think maybe he was saying "come here Jeff?" Because I do say that to him about 9000 times a day. She looked at me and said, "oh yeah, I guess it could be 'come here Jeff.'" I have not heard it but maybe she is still buzzing from all of the wine she drank last night. I don't really doubt her but, I do want to hear it and figure how to get him to do it on command if it is true. I will be saying "come here Jeff" a lot more.

I guess we are going to the store now so, I had better get dressed. Thank goodness for baseball caps and jeans. Have a great your Saturday. I may be blogging again tomorrow. But, I do have to edit the show. Cha Cha just came down stairs saying, "come here Jeff, come here Jeff..." She's trying to get him to say it again too. LOL.

TTTT (43%)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment