Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Was Jesus Made Up?

LOVE ME SOME BUDDY JESUS!
Man, I wish we were recording the new Dirty Laundry Podcast today. There is a story that I just learned about that is going to be HUGE!!!!! I am talking about HUGE around the world - like JESUS HUGE (literally). There will be arguing and disagreement ... and I wish we could have been the cause of that; unfortunately, that's how you get recognized these days. By the time we record the next show and get it uploaded it will be in the midst of world-wide discussion and controversy and I would have liked to have spearheaded that craziness. I guess that one of my hopes is that the podcast gets big and we can do that for a living one day. I know that this will most likely never happen because I am not willing to risk everything we have built to do the "all-or-nothing" move. It's always easier to make that move if the "all" is closer to "nothing."

I guess I may as well tell you the story that I GUARANTEE you are going to hear about everywhere withing the next two days. An American Biblical scholar, Joseph Atwill, will be appearing in England on October 19th to show his evidence / proof that that New Testament was written by Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated Jesus Christ. He says that the evidence that he has is conclusive and proves that Christianity was started as a sophisticated government propaganda project to pacify the Roman people. He says that Jewish sects were waiting for the prophesied warrior Messiah which would have caused much more violence in the region so the Romans "invented" a loving, caring, peaceful Messiah (a compassionate belief system) so the Romans would "turn-the-other-cheek" rather than resort to violence. He goes on to say that Jesus was not even based on a real person. There will be A LOT of talk about this but you may have heard it here first. I don't think this will change things in religion but it will make people think - something that many religions and governments are afraid of. I am very interested in this story. I like all history. Anybody who knows me well knows that I am not very religious but I am extremely spiritual in that I want people to all be kind and considerate and get along; I think religion has been a great vehicle to help deliver this action.

It's kind of funny because in the most recent load of Dirty Laundry Podcast that was just uploaded yesterday we talk about how we are thinking about starting to go back to church because we like the new Pope - oh, the irony of life. He seems caring and like Jesus would have been. I am not Catholic, nor have I ever been, but I have been to more Catholic masses than any other masses in my life. I was even married Catholic. Additionally, last night at work, a discussion arose about the Higgs boson or Higgs particle and it started to get into a big bang vs. divine intervention discussion and I quickly said I was not going to get involved in that discussion. I just mentioned what the particle discovered at Fermilab possibly suggests. I guess that's why I am The Agitator. I didn't start the discussion but I was starting to get sucked in to the black hole before I wisely jumped out. I think that if there was a Jesus he was a pretty good dude and I would have liked him a great deal. I am not sure if Atwill is correct or incorrect but there will be plenty of discussions that will resolve nothing coming up. It's ironic that there have been so many religious wars fought over a dude that may have been made-up. There were never any wars started over Santa Claus (yes, I have heard the rumors that he is fictitious too).

This weekend at work is gonna be hella-busy. And, I get to work some overtime on Saturday night. I signed up because: A) who doesn't like extra $ B) I want to show them that if they keep offering it I am interested and, C) I am off Sunday so I get to rest the next day too (I don't have to wait until the seventh day for my rest). Though, ironically, Sunday is the seventh day I guess. even I rest on the seventh day.

I find it fitting that while I blog I am watching a Little House on the Prairie marathon. I am pretty sure Charles Ingalls was a real person, unless Laura made him up too, but I doubt that he was as nice as he is portrayed in this show. When I was a kid adult men were assholes and this was waaaaayyyy before that and they had no running water or decent transportation or ready-to-eat food so these dudes had to be crabby as Hell. How different would drive-up windows look in those days?

I didn't intend for this blog to turn into a "what is real and what is not" blog but, then again, I never know where it's headed when I begin and I always wonder how it got there when I am done. I think I am gonna get a few winks before work. Thanks a lot for stopping-on-in and for listening to the podcast. I appreciate you mucho. Have a great night and, what is this, Wednesday only? I was gonna say have a nice weekend but it is only hump day (for you). I will probably blog tomorrow so I can continue to whore up the podcast for those who don't get to the blog today. TTTT...MITM (off to never never land) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment