Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Rare Sunday Blog!

The Cardinals are up 2 - 0 over The Dodgers. Their next game is Monday night. I am surprised that they aren't waiting until Tuesday because there is football Monday night. It kind of aggravates me that they aren't playing any baseball today but blog forbid they compete with football Sunday. Don't they know that my days off are Sundays and Mondays? Money makes the world go 'round, the world go 'round, the world go 'round. That's a really old song so I suppose I should be used to that unfortunate truth but I am not. Actually, I think that song was written for Cabaret in 1972 so I was 9-years-old so it was really just nine years short of forever. The networks probably like football because I am guessing a very low percentage of people DVR football. They either watch it live or don't watch the games. I am a fan of most sports but I really do not see me recording a sporting event. I have done it in the past, usually when I was at the game so I could see replays or something but, I do not think I have ever watched on of those recordings.

When do the Bears play? That's usually the time I go shopping. Stores are bare, pun intended, around here when the Bears are on television. Damn it, they played Thursday didn't they? Maybe I should drive to Green Bay to get my shopping done. I am pretty sure that it would take less time and money just to shop here with the crowds huh?

The Walking Dead starts again tonight I think. I should probably get some sleep today so I can watch it live (also, pun intended). Now that I have Sundays and Mondays off I get to watch things like football and The Walking Dead. I am kinda the walking dead from last night's work. I got to work some O.T. and then I wanted to go to breakfast with Cha Cha but she, apparently wanted to go without me, because she said I should stay home and get my rest. Well, I didn't get my rest and now I am hungry to boot. Maybe when I go get the fastener that I need and the transmission fluid that I sadly seem to need I will get something to eat.

The 4-Runner us leaking transmission fluid. It is a 2004 and we have had hardly any problems with it at all so, I am worried this may be a costly one. Maybe it's time to trade it in? I hope not. It will, most likely, be cheaper to get it repaired than to get a new vehicle even if the entire transmission needs to be replaced. We have not had any car payments for a long time and I would love to continue that streak. I am gonna go to the store now and will finish this when I return (13:05 CST right now).

I am back. I found the clamp I needed for Jeff's dog run at Mernard's and I found some transmission fluid with Stop Leak in it at the auto parts store so I will give that a shot and keep an eye on it for a couple of days. Maybe I will get lucky and it is just a seal or something and this will seal the seal.

Th early football games are wrapping-up and CBS is gonna show bull riding next. Really? I am not sure how the NFL licensing and fees work to show games but Fox is gonna show the Saints - Patriots game and maybe CBS just decided to concede the time slot by playing some crap that nobody will watch but the programming is inexpensive. I guess there has to be a place to sell boots and cowboys hats too.
Maybe I was a bit hasty

They're showing highlights from today's games around the league. They said that Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son was "brutally beaten and died on Friday." I just went over to read what happened and all it says is that the boyfriend of Peterson's son's mother is being held in connection with the beating. He is probably happy that he is being held for his own protection. If that were my son I would find a way to get to that dude even if it meant me going to prison. I cannot even imagine that kind of pain. And for him to play in the game? Wow. Not much you can do I guess so you may as well play but I am sure everybody was offering condolences but I guess that doesn't matter - it's not like it will be out of his mind at all.

I have to get some winks now. I think we are gonna record Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight. Thanks for checking the blog out today. Have a great rest of you weekend. I will let you know when the new show is up - probably tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (with a sinus headache, a sore throat and a leaky transmission - what a mess I am) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment