Monday, October 14, 2013

Holy Myrna Fahey Mattman!

Happy Columbus Day. I assume it's still Columbus Day but our calendar reads "Explorer's Day." It's been Columbus Day all of my life and I think it still is because I am pretty sure there is still a Columbus Day Parade in Chicago. I just checked and it will be on television from 12:30 - 14:30. I never understood watching parades on television. I imagine it's fun to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, even though it's probably pretty chilly, but I was in so many parades as a kid I am not much of a parade fan these days.

Being Explorer's Day and all it is kind of funny that I turned on the boob tube because, I am a boob, and Daniel Boone is on METV. Ironic since Daniel Boone was an explorer and also because Myrna Fahey is on this episode ("The Price of Friendship"). If you know what Myrna Fahey looked like you'll understand that last reference. She dated Joe DiMaggio in 1964 and received death threats because of her dating of the Yankee slugger. The FBI found that the threats came from a mental patient who didn't think Joltin' Joe should date anyone but Marilyn Monroe. Fahey was on just about every television show from the 1950's and 1960's it seems: Gunsmoke, Batman, Daniel Boone, Maverick, Bonanza, The Alaskans, Bachelor Father, Death Valley Days, The Many Loves of Dobey Gillis, Colt .45, The Ed Wynn Show, Overland Trail, Zorro, The Adventure of Superman, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Harbor Command, The Gray Ghost, West Point, Kings Row, Cavalcade of America, Thriller, Checkmate, Acapulco, Straight Away, Surfside 6, Laramie, 77 Sunset Strip, Wagon Train, Hawaiian Eye, The Time Tunnel, Rango, Peyton Place, The Reporter, Kraft Suspense Theater, Perry Mason (which ironically is coming on right now - it would be weird if this was Myrna Fahey day and she is in this episode - she was on four episodes)... Believe it or not there are more. Many of those shows I have never even heard of and I thought I knew just about everything about television (being a boob and all). Also on this episode is Kurt Russell.

It's nice that Cha Cha and Fabio are both off today and this is my Sunday. If they ever get out of bed maybe we can do something today. If they're still in bed at 19:00 I may just head to a bar and watch The Cardinals win their third straight game against The Dodgers. I am getting sick I think (sore throat, stuffed-up nose, headache...)so maybe some bar medicine would be good huh? Maybe I should start wearing my long johns to work. I never knew how having donuts on your body kept you warm - it never works for me.

We HAVE TO record the Dirty Laundry Podcast today or tonight too. Yesterday just got away from us.

I have to go blow my nose. Have a great Explorer's Day or Discoverer's Day or Columbus Day... Just have a great day. Thanks to the three of you that stopped-in today; I hope all is well. TTTT...MITM (achoo) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment