Monday, October 28, 2013

Something's Wong!

Yoohoo, it's Monday! This is actually the ONLY day that I have the entire day off. I never realized that until right now and it's kind of bumming me out. I had yesterday off but, on Sundays, I work from 00:00 - 06:00. So, six hours of my Sunday are spent working and the I have to sleep. I have Mondays off and then go back to work Tuesday night at 22:00. No wonder I am tired most of the time. I do not think this cycle is ever going to change at my current job/position so I have some thinking to do. I like my job - I like it a lot but, I like my family more. There is talk of another position opening up at work soon but, A) I have really liked not being in management for the first time in about 30 years, B) the work hours would, most likely, not change C) I'd have to manage the people that I have worked beside for a couple of years, many who have been there longer than I have. Some of them may not appreciate my awesomeness when I am bossing them around. On the plus side: it means more money which is always good though, not a great motivator for me these days. The part that entices me the most is that I could make some changes that would really help the community and the people we serve. Maybe, a slim maybe, my days off could be Saturday and Sunday even though that would mean that my only full day-off would be Sunday instead of Monday. Weekend days off would be nice but, I am not sure that this would happen. Time will tell and I will test for the position, if and when it gets officially posted. I will make decisions based on firstly, whether I get offered the job and secondly, what the particulars are. Who knows? It could be job suicide - it's kinda nice having the safety net of the Union.

The new Dirty Laundry Podcast was uploaded Friday or Saturday (I have a hard time keeping my days staright). We will probably record the new show tonight and it will maybe be up tomorrow. It will definitely be up by Sunday as long at there is no major problem like we experience occasionally. I made the link to the show green this time instead of red. Maybe green will entice people to GO to the podcast. I have usually made the link red and maybe people weren't GOing rather STOPing from listening to the show. Or, maybe it makes no difference at all and people didn't realize that was a link at all.

The Word Series is stressing me out. That's not a bad thing. Sports were invented to, in addition to allowing us to be physically active, to drive us mad. Why do you think people who follow teams and sports are called fans? I imagine you know that "fan" is short for "fanatic."  According to Mirriam-Webster (I think if my last name were Webster and I had a daughter I would name her Mirriam) synonyms for fanatic are: rabid, radical, revolutionary, extreme... An antonym that I like is MIDDLE-of-the-road. Anyway, this World Series has been extreme so far. The last two games ended with things I don't if I have ever seen (at least not too often) before. Two nights ago there was interference called that allowed the Cardinals to win and last night the Cardinals lost with a chance to tie it in the bottom of the 9th when their pinch runner Kolten Wong got picked-off of first base to end the game. How many headlines around the country said something about Something's Wong? Maybe none but that would have been my headline. I DO ENJOY A GOOD PUN! I just made the title of today's blog Something's Wong so I could be correct because I DO ENJOY BEING CORRECT! Wong was one of the heroes the previous night and even was on MLB Network discussing the game on the field with Harold Reynolds when the game was over. I have to cut him some slack - he was in the minor leagues about two weeks ago. Happily today is my only full day off so I get to watch my Cardinals go up 3-2 tonight before heading back to Boston to win one of two to become World Champs AGAIN.

I am gonna wrap-up here. I just cleaned the kitchen and now I have to do laundry (the clothes and the show prep and the show) among other things. Cha Cha is working from home today so if she is not too busy maybe we can even go out to lunch. I am hankerin' for a good salad. I love salad but find hat most of the time they taste better when somebody else makes them for me. I guess that is true with most foods really. Maybe because, while I wait for my food, I can have two or three cocktails. I am much more appreciative when I am lubed (please keep in context). I should get a haircut today or tomorrow too - not as good getting done lubed.

No comments:

Post a Comment