Friday, October 18, 2013

Guard Your Catalytic Converters!

I haven't blogged in a few days because I was pretty sick most of this week. I am at about 70% now which is pretty good. I went to work on Tuesday night but then took Wednesday and Thursday off. I pretty much slept most of the time between coughs. I rarely take off of work due to illness but started wondering, "what am I ever going to do with my nearly 200 hours and growing of sick days?" so I took off and it seems to have helped. Maybe I would have felt better anyway had I gone to work but then I may have gotten someone I work with sick and it would have eventually come back to me. My sick hours can be taken for sick family members too (FMLA) so it is nice to have them in "the bank" in case something comes up.

If I had chosen I would have preferred to be sick tonight and tomorrow night. The two days I was sick there was a day NLCS game on Wednesday and yesterday was a travelling day so they play again tonight. I guess I wouldn't have enjoyed the games much anyway feeling the way I did. Now, I think they play tonight and I will be able to watch most of the game before going to work. I really hope the Cardinals can end this thing tonight. The game starts at 19:30 and I have to be at work at 22:00. The last night game they played while I was working went 13 innings and I listened to most of it on the radio. I really like listening to baseball on the radio. Football and hockey are pretty good on the radio too. Basketball isn't quite as good on radio.

I was behind in editing Dirty Laundry Podcast too but it is up now. I hope my sickness didn't hurt the production quality.
This morning I took Fabio to the orthodontist. While I was sitting in the room while Fabio was getting new wires and such on his braces I could not help but notice the way things were running. A pretty young girl comes in and gets things ready. Then and old white dude comes in and tells her what needs to be done and she begins to do the work. Occasionally, another pretty woman comes in and then another and they ask each other dental questions... Then the old white dude comes in and makes sure the work is done properly and then paces up and down the hallway peaking-in on all of the other pretty women that he has working for him. I could not help but think of him as either a slave owner or a pimp.

I have heard of a rash of catalytic converters from cars lately. Pretty much every car manufactured since the mid 1970's has a catalytic converter. The converter converts the pollutants that the car emits into less toxic substances. They are usually easy to get to under the vehicle so can fairly easily and quickly be removed. Why would somebody want a catalytic converter from a 1976 Bel-Air? Money, of course. A catalytic converter contains: gold, platinum, paladium and rhodium and can typically bring in about $200 at a recycling center. I am going to start parking my car in the garage. I doubt that my vehicle is much of a target since I work nights. It sits outside here (until now) during the day and at night, while I am at work, it is pretty secure; you'd have to be really gusty and pretty stupid to tamper with my car based on where I park.

I think my writing juices have dried-up. I guess I am not as close to 70% as I previously bragged. I may lie down so I can have no problems at work tonight. Thanks for stopping in; I do appreciate you. Have a great rest of your Friday and Frinight. I haven't shaved in four days - that'll be fun. Just got word that it's gonna be about $350 to fix the 4-Runner and it will be ready Monday. Some transmission line rusted out and needs to be replaced. Much cheaper than buying a new vehicle which was my fear. We haven't had a vehicle payment in about two or three years and it's pretty nice. Anyway, here I praddle-on. TTTT (maybe).... MITM (not coughing OUT!) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment