Thursday, October 3, 2013

Post Season Blogging!

There is a meatloaf in the oven for all of the carnivores in this house (minus Jeff). I will include a vegetable and probably mashed potatoes.

Game one of the NLDS (National League Division Series) begins in an hour. As you can imagine, I am rooting for the St. Louis Cardinals. They have won 11 World Series. This is the Cards' third straight year in the post season; they made it all the way to game seven of the National League Championship Series last season and the year before (2011) they won the World Series. You can probably tell that I am pretty pumped. Do you think Albert Pujols is watching the game? They are playing the Pittsburgh Pirates. I have always kinda liked the Pirates but not this year. The Pirates have never been in a division series before. The last time they were in the playoffs there was no division series. I have always kind of liked the Cincinnati Reds too. I liked the Reds because of: Bench, Rose, Concepcion, Griffey (the first one), Foster, Morgan, Seaver, Driessen, Perez, Geronimo and Sparky. How cool of a name is Cesar Geronimo? And to pronounce it Say-Czar! Rose and Bench were my favorites. The Pirates was all about Roberto Clemente. After he died I wrote a paper about him in, probably, 4th grade, I wrote a letter to the Pirates and they sent me a lot of Clemente and Pirates' stuff including an autographed card. I have no idea what happened to that thing but I sure hope I find it in a filing cabinet one day. Alou and Stargell were pretty good too. The Bucs had the good Alou brother - Matty! Their real last name was Rojas... did you know that? Do you know who the fourth Alou brother was? Boog! For the Series this year I predict the Cardinals and the Red Sox. The Cards will win in six. I actually do wish my friends who are Cubs fans could experience this excitement. There are many jerky Cubs fans but I suppose that can be said about any team; I just see these jerks because I live in the Chicago area. 

I have been really tired lately. I figured it was my weird schedule and, just after having pretty much gotten used to it, my days off switched so maybe that has something to do with it? A lot of people are saying that they have felt tired lately too so maybe it is just the change of seasons. I could have a terminal disease that is just beginning and I will ignore the symptoms and will probably die when I should have gone to the doctor. Truth be told, I would rather die than go to the doctor so they can charge me for stupid crap that I don't need. I have switched back to my old doctor in Geneva, IL and have been much happier since I switched. He hasn't charged me or sent me for unnecessary crap. It is weird to find out that I am older than he is - one or two months older but, still weird. I guess it has to happen to all of us if we live long enough huh? Imagine if Doogie Howzer were your doctor. But, he is older now too I guess.
When I was a kid doctors all looked like this guy

Still no podcast recorded yet. At this point we may as well wait until Sunday and call this a week off. A lot of the stuff I had to talk about was pretty topical but now I am not so sure. Que Se Pod Se Pod. Cha Cha and I have both had a lot going on over the last week. I bet, at his point, there will not be a new show until Monday. 

The game is finally starting. I watched ESPN for the last hour while cooking dinner so, I am pretty hyped up. A pretty good start - striking out the lead-off batter. Don't worry, I am going to end it here pretty quickly so you won't have to endure my hype. 

The dinner bell is beeping (the oven timer, that is). I have to mash the taters and get the peas seasoned - I use celery salt and dill and some times those little crunchy onions. The old "season to taste" routine. Thanks a lot for stopping by. Have a great night and I may blog tomorrow - tough to tell at this point. GO CARDINALS! TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment