Friday, October 4, 2013

OT Blog

I don't mean for this blog to turn into Matt In The Middle of the Field of Dreams but, it is noon and the Cardinals and the Pirates are at it again. It is noon and game two of the NLDS is underway. The Cards won pretty handily yesterday and I figure I must have been part of that since I wrote a lot about baseball in yesterday's blog and you don't mess with what works. Why are sports' fans so superstitious? I think it is pretty much most sports but I think baseball is the most predominant. It doesn't happen often but, it's days like yesterday and today that I am happy I work nights. I like that Bob Costas is announcing too. I have always liked him.

Last night was my second of two days nights of foot patrol per week at work (Tuesdays and Thursdays). I like that I get to do different things at work. I think a great way to get burnt-out is to have to do the exact same thing every day - variety is the spice of work. I also like knowing, unless something unforeseen occurs, what I am going to do before I get in each night. It sounds like several things are going to change coming up with the recent hiring of our new boss's, boss's, boss's, boss - I will call him Chief both here and in person. I am excited for some of the changes that I am hearing may come. I am also excited that there are going to be more chances for overtime. Next Saturday I am already getting to work 3 1/2 hours of OT. Previously, with my nearly four years with the same place of employment (four separate positions / three different departments during that time), I have only gotten OT two times.

Man, Carlos Belltran is a beast in the post-season. I am happy that he is our Kraken! I blogged too soon; today's game is starting to look just the opposite of yesterday's game. The Cards are down 3-0 in the third inning - lots of time left in the game.

I have to end because I just got a call that I am being picked-up in 15 minutes and whisked away for lunch. I suppose I should get dressed. My jammies are fashionable but at my age it;s just sad to be seen in public in pajamas - it looks like senility. Thanks for stopping by - the podcast will be recorded this afternoon. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out to lunch - more ways than one) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment