Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Got A Blog!

I am not going to blog around the bush. You know it and I know it - I am going to whore the podcast in here so I may as well get that out of the way right now so we can just put that out there and move on. Dirty Laundry Podcast Load #132 - Here Comes Mr. Ball! is ready to be suckled..

Halloween is tomorrow. One of the two craziest times of year at my work. After tonight the next three days should be relative Hell. But, as AC/DC said. "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be." I don't mind a little Hell once in. Firstly, time flies (though I imagine if there were a real Hell with fire and brimstone and treacle time would not go so fast) and Secondly, it makes one appreciate the non-Hell times. I always sort of felt a kin to Hell given my last name. I am kind of like Lucifer's foot wiper - the door Matt on his front porch.

We haven't bought our Halloween candy yet. Maybe we'll give out pennies. Remember those a-holes who gave out pennies? I suppose now, if you were one of those jerks, you'd have to at least give out dimes. I have been trying to think about what I have a lot of that would be a small piece of crap that I could give out. I immediately think of all the junk in my golf bag. How about tees, golf pencils or even golf balls. I wish I would have thought about that earlier; golf pencils and tees and ball markers are free at a lot of golf courses. In the Spring I am going to start early and collect these freebies for next Halloween. I could put an empty bowl on the front porch (plastic so it could not be thrown through a window) with a sign that says "Please Take ONE!" Kids would come to the door and think that some brat came and emptied the bowl or that they should have gotten here earlier. I am kidding with all of this, of course. I loved Halloween as a kid and wouldn't do this to the future of the world. We do have quite a few apples on the tree in the backyard. Do kids like apples these days? Oh, there's all of the lies about razor blades in them that we were told. I believe those lies were started by the candy companies to make us all fat on Halloween candy.

I am making asparagus chicken right now. We still have some left-over cilantro corn and dill redskin potatoes from two nights ago and I will include those and do some rice. Mix the leftovers in with the new stuff and maybe we can get rid of it all. Whatever we don't eat tonight may wind up in someone's trick-or-treat bag or plastic pumpkin tomorrow.

Conde Nast Traveler just did their list of the top ten best cities in the world. Only one of the cities is in the U.S. and A. and, as it turns out, it is in the state that Cha Cha and I have always thought that we would retire to if and when we are ever able to retire. Do people really even retire anymore? Maybe we will just move there and get jobs instead of retiring? The top ten best cities to live in according to the travel magazine are:

1. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
2. Quebec City, Canada (another place we have talked about moving to one day)
3. Siena, Italy
4. Rome, Italy
5. Vienna, Austria
6. San Sebastian, Spain
7. Charleston, South Carolina
8.  Salzburg, Austria
9. Budapest, Hungary
10. Florence, Italy
I could live here I think!
I am thinking that I wouldn't mind going to any of these places. Italy made three of the top ten spots. Our Fiat wouldn't be nearly as cool in it's native land though. We have said for a long time that we thought we'd eventually move to South Carolina. Charleston is a pretty cool town too but I'd want to live closer to the ocean I think. I'd probably think differently during hurricane season- maybe Charleston wouldn't be so bad.

I have to get dinner done. I have too many fires going in the kitchen and if I don't pay more attention we will be giving all of this stuff out tomorrow and eating out tonight. Have a great All Hallows Eve Eve.Thank you for continuing to stop here and for listening to the podcast. If you have any suggestions for either, short of discontinuing, please let me know. I love suggestions. TTTT...MITM (Boo!) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment