Friday, October 11, 2013

The Right Blog!

Tonight the Cardinals begin their last step before the World Series. Tigers vs. Cardinals sounds familiar but I would rather see a Red Sox - Cardinals World Series. Even though the Tigers have been around forever Red Sox and Cardinals just seem more old timey. I would say Dodgers too if they were still in Brooklyn but they are not. I think it is pretty cool that the Oakland Athletics with their "money ball" made it as far as they did. GO CARDS!!!!

Sorry, I had to leave for awhile. Drove to South Elgin to get Jeff. I took him to the vet at 07:00 for his procedure. He does seem much more docile but he is probably still partially medicated and possibly still has some discomfort. I remember when I had this procedure and I was ten times the puppy baby that he is being. I wouldn't mind his he stayed this mild-mannered from now on but U am not holding my breath. Not that he has ever really been bad yet but he is a bot rambunctious from time-tot-time. I think that is the first time that I have ever written the word rambunctious and spell-check seems to think I spelled it correctly. It seemed pretty straight forward.

I am afraid that I am going to fall asleep before work and miss most of the Cardinals' game now. I actually should sleep because we are gonna be VERY BUSY tonight. This is one of our two busiest weekends of the year. It's my Thursday though and I like being busy so it's no big whoop.

Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter died. That leaves John Glenn as the last remaining Mercury 7 astronaut alive. The Right Stuff is one of my favorite movies of all time. It makes sense and seems fitting that John Glenn would be the last one alive. Those dudes were the real deal. Can you imagine the fear they must have felt not having any idea what they were headed to in space? I guess it's not much different than people like Christopher Columbus must have felt when he set out on a voyage with the chance that the world was actually flat like many people believed. I have another of my favorite movie on television right now while I type this - Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. I really like history-based films. It doesn't matter if the story is made-up or guessed on or embellished; they just make me think and appreciate how good we have of now because of many people in the past. Gladiator, Band of Brothers, Glory, Roots, Saving Private Ryan, Star Wars, Dances with Wolves, Braveheart... I could go on for quite awhile if I were so inclined. Maybe I just like violence after I read that list.

I am gonna try to sleep for a bit. Have a great Friday night and maybe I will blog tomorrow but maybe not. It will be a surprise. Thanks a lot for stopping by. TTT? (tomorrow maybe)... MITM (zzzzzzz off) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment