Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sheryl Crow / Rick Springfield? WHAT??????

The St. Louis Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS (National League Championship Series) and will face the Los Angeles Dodgers to see who will play in the World Series. I don't have to tell you who I am rooting for. My prediction of a Red Sox / Cardinals World Series is still alive. I don't care if that prediction is wrong except for one half of it - you know which half. I cannot help but wonder how Albert Pujols feels. Since he left the Cardinals for the Los Angeles or Anaheim or California Angels (you have to have a program just to remember where they are from) I think the Cardinals have been in the post season every single year. He seems like a nice fellow so I am sure he is happy for his friends. What is the deal with the California teams? Didn't the Raiders and the Rams (not counting St. Louis -ironically) continue to change their city names back in the day? ("back in the day" refers to a time in the past that I am not exactly sure of and am too lazy to Google. How lazy am I that Googling something is too taxing?)

Well,goes there goes our chance to get Sheryl Crow on Dirty Laundry Podcast. Our people have been in negotiations with her people to get her on the show when she performs here in town in a little over a week. Today a story hit that she reportedly told investigators about her knowledge of Lance Armstrong's doping in 2011. She said she spoke to feds that she saw him getting a blood transfusion on a plane in 2004 and he told her that "it was just part of the sport" and the old "everybody in the sport is doing it." She was told that she would not be prosecuted for her testimony and she spilled about her ex. Thanks a lot Oprah! I am fairly certain we will not hear from her people again. Though, this would be a cool place to hide from the media and we would post the show after she got out of Dodge. I actually heard them use that saying on Gunsmoke a couple of week's ago. I would even agree not to discuss this new revelation unless they were cool with us talking about it. It seems like we are always right in front of things but then those things are blowing by us watching us fall back in their rear-view mirrors. I will remain tenacious and a pesty dude and eventually, I hope, we will hit a bag a big one.
Two People who will probably not be on Dirty Laundry Podcast
A couple of weeks ago, before he appeared in our town, I asked Rick Springfield about being on the show and he said he "don't talk to strangers." He didn't really say that but he didn't talk to me so I guess he said it without saying it. It's cool that we get celebs in our little MIDDLEwest corn-filled town but we need to start getting some of these people on the how.

I am going to try to change things up today. I am going to take my pre-work nap from about 16:00 - 19:00 so I can see people here before I go to work. I still get about six hours in the morning / early afternoon but the dishes and laundry and lawn aren't going to clean or mow themselves. Tomorrow right after work I have to get Jeff to South Elgin by about 07:00 so he can have the procedure that we discussed on the how done. I am sure he will have the time of his life. I think he will have to wear one of those plastic discs around his neck. I will try not to make fun of him. When I had this procedure done I had a bag of frozen peas on my "area." I didn't have to have one of those discs around my neck because I am not a limber as Jeff. I sure hope, in addition to helping not get testicular diseases, this will take some of the craziness out of him. He is a total madman dog. The main reason to get this procedure done for dogs is not the reproduction reason, as Bob Barker suggests, rather it is to prevent cancers and other diseases that may occur by not getting it done.

I am gonna try to get a few more things done around here before my pre-game nap. We are gonna be VERY busy the next three days at work. I don't mind busy - actually I prefer busy. And, I get to work some OT on Saturday. Happy to see you were here again and that you listened to the podcast. don't worry, eventually we will have a huge star on the show and give them our rare form of interviewing. Have a great night (or day depending what part of the world you are reading this from). I think I will blog again tomorrow depending on the Jeff thing, sleep and work. TTTT?....MITM (chillin') TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment