Friday, March 30, 2012

Stop the Senseless Chia Pet Killing!!!!

When WGN was worth a darn!
So, what's the deal? It used to be April showers bring May flowers but now I am not sure if it's February showers bring March flowers or March showers bring April flowers. I am pretty sure things are messed-up.

I was just downstairs and Cha Cha was working on her computer (for work, of course) with WGN-TV on in the background. She usually watches the news while she's working and eating breakfast... They are complaining that we may lose WGN on Direct-TV because Direct-TV isn't paying them money to broadcast their station(s). I have a hard time feeling sorry for a huge company like WGN who charges Direct-TV for their programming yet still wants to sell the entire world Chia Pets and all of the other crap that their commercials peddle. I will feel sorry for you when you take off all of the commercials and you need the money providers like Direct-TV supposedly owes you. Other than when the Cardinals play the Cubs I could give a rat's patootie about your crap. Your commercial says that we will miss-out on the quality programming like Live! With Kelly and Two and a Half Men? Seriously? You are basing your worth on reruns of Two and a Half Men? If you sill had Ray Rayner and Bozo's Circus on I would feel like you cared. On a side-note - if you have Direct-TV you are probably receiving free Starz and Encore this weekend. We are getting them free right now and they started yesterday and I believe it goes through until Monday morning.

I am going to go get out of my work clothes and I will be right back. while I am gone discuss amongst yourselves what I should do with the half-a-billion dollars I am going to win tonight via the Mega Millions Lottery. I have some ideas but I would be open to your suggestions. BRB...

Roz...how about a musical interlude. Thank you for your patience and thank you Roz for that great song by a great band.
Mine's on the left and Cha Cha's is on the right!
The Illinois Lottery has made it possible for us to now buy lottery tickets on-line. I am not really sure how I feel about that. I know I will never do it because if you win they will know who you are immediately.  If I win I want to get my ducks in a row before I come forward. there are so many things you'd have to do so as not to get bombarded by new "friends" and charities and I'd want to know how to keep the lion's-share of the money instead of losing most of it to the thieving tax-man. I also worry that buying tickets on-line might make it possible for people to use credit to purchase tickets and that may destroy many families  with running-up lots of credit that they can never repay. I don't know the specifics of buying tickets on-line because I will not do it so will not research it.

Does Ginko Biloba small bad so that your don't forget to take it?

Fabio is in Miami and will set sail for the Bahamas on Saturday. Splenda is in Southern Illinois and Cha Cha and I are empty-nesters for a week. It is really weird.  Not only that but we seldom see each other as it is because we have opposite work schedules and different days off each week. I think I need to win this lottery just so we can see each other. The kids could still do their things but our jet could pretty much take us wherever they are and we would see each other because neither one of us would have to work so to hell with schedules. We have to start thinking about what we want to do when we are no longer MIDDLE farts and become old farts. This house is too big for two of us. I am thinking $600,000,000 would allow us to pretty much pick and choose where we would want to live. We could even narrow it down to the top ten and buy homes in all of those places. Maybe live on a cruise ship and wake-up somewhere different every day or two?

I'd add a monocle!
My mind is turning to mush (yes, even more so) so I think I am going to wrap this up. I hope you have a great day. I have to kick the rest of the trash to the curb and I have some shopping to get done before i try to get some rest. I am also behind on my Words With Friends! John Borowski has confirmed his appearance on the Dirty Laundry Podcast so I have to do some prep work on that as well. Have a great day and make sure to buy your lottery tickets. I hope you win and if you do I ask one favor....please be a guest on the podcast (the guest fee will soon be $1,000,000 but that will be chicken feed for you). Have a great day and a great weekend and thank you, as always, for being here today. TTTM?...MITM (out to buy the golden ticket!)

No comments:

Post a Comment