Thursday, March 29, 2012

Someone Saved My Life Tonight!

I am starting to rethink my new tattoo
It's three o'clock in the morning damn-it listen to me type...we've all gone crazy lately...thank God my blog is still alive! For some reason I woke up with that song running through my head so now I am listen to the Elton John station on Pandora; currently I am listening to Rocketman. Last week's podcast we started off with a weird Bennie and the Jets "parody." I wonder what it is with me and having Elton John on the mind?

Today Fabio heads to the Virgin Islands (French and American) and The Bahamas...what great parents he must have. When I was a kid when I was going somewhere it was usually on a smelly bus headed for some godforsaken place in Ohio or Pennsylvania... so I could work my ass off all weekend in 100+ degree weather to perform one or two shows and be told, through judging, what I did wrong. I cannot believe I still love to travel. It did make me a very good traveler (also a light traveler). While I was doing it during my yute I loved it and I have some very good friends still today because of those trips but I seldom have a hankering to ride a bus to Ohio these days - been there done that - A LOT!

Cha Cha and I are going to be empty-nesters until after Easter. It seems to be starting off with me being at the end of a week-long cold with a sinus headache up at 3:00 AM. what else can I complain about? I am thirsty but don't feel like going downstairs to get something to drink and I don't have a cup up here for water.
 Last night The Lost Sock stopped by. I always like visiting with him; it had been quite awhile since I had seen him. He and Cha Cha did most of the talking last night as I had been up since 3:00AM yesterday, the same way that today started out, so I was unusually quiet. I can be a good listener when I want to be. I think today, however, I am going to try to catch a Mattnap at some point.

On this upcoming week's Dirty Laundry Podcast we are supposed to have filmmaker John Borowski on the show. He has said time and again that he is looking forward to it and the last we "spoke" he said that he had a problem with the time we originally had scheduled due to travel constraints and I suggested some other times but have not heard from him yet. I know he will get back with me but I am afraid that it will be news that he has scheduling conflicts and we'll have to reschedule or do it on Skype or something. Everything I know about him says to me that he is a really nice guy and I really look forward to speaking with him in person. I think I had better start thinking of a plan B though. I don't think the Skype interviews are bad - this past week's show was via Skype and I think it went very well.

Weirdness - Someone Saved My Life Tonight just came on Pandora. "One more beer and I don't hear you anymore...we've all gone crazy lately." It's only the second Elton John song on the station this morning and it's the one I woke up hearing in my pea brain. This is a good station - lots of Beatles, Creedence, Bye Bye Ms. American Pie... and Elton John, of course.

Is the television show Punk'd still on or is it just coming back? I read that Ashton Kutcher's new partner for Punk'd is Justin Bieber. I guess Ashton has more time on his hands now that he's not with Demi. Anywho.... I guess Ash, I call him Ash, has been renting a house while he is filming on Two and a Half Men and is considering buying it. He received a text from his assistant that someone is looking to buy the house and it turns out to be Biebs - I call him Biebs. So, in order to keep the house, Ash plunked down $9.5 million to buy the house (too bad I haven't won my $500 million yet - that's Friday). Ash has also accused Biebs of buying the same car that he has - a Fisker Karma - which is supposed to be the most eco-friendly car around  - they're only about $220,000; I may get one of those Friday after I win the lottery too. It seems he has his house prices attached to cars. I am not the sharpest spoon in the utensil drawer but if I were reviving my show called Punk'd and and my new 18-year-old partner on the show kept turning up buying/trying to buy everything that I wanted/liked I would probably start looking for hidden cameras as I am probably a target on my own show. Next Bieber will probably start dating Demi Moore. I think my spoon edges may be slightly sharper than Ash's though (geez I hope so anyway).
Not bad for a plug-in car!

Alright, I have been typing for an hour and my sinus headache hasn't gone away and I am still thirsty so I think I may try to do something about those two things. At least my throat doesn't hurt anymore and I am not stuffed up any longer. Maybe I will go back and lay myself down in sheets of linen for a little while (yes Tiny Dancer is on right now). Thank you for spending some time with me. You know I appreciate you taking the time to see what I have going on in my sinus-filled cavern from time-to-time. Have a great day and I guess it's Thursday for you even though it's my Monday. Hotel California!!!! I love this song and haven't heard it in awhile...I paused it so I can listen to it while I search out something for my sinus headache. So, go ahead and check-out of the blog even though you can NEVER LEAVE!!! TTTT(?)...MITM (out) - TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment