Saturday, March 10, 2012

Read If You DARE!!!!

We can rebuild him...better, stronger, faster....
I began writing this to post yesterday, Friday, but with it being Leap Year and all one thing led to another and I didn't get it posted. Mainly because I got off work at 6:00AM drove 3 1/2 hours South (TWSS)  to pick up Splenda for Spring Break and then drove 3 1/2 hours back North (TWSS) and then slept and went to work last night so now you get a special weekend edition of MITM.

I am going to try to blog from my phone again today. As we have gotten to know each other a little better we are starting to get along better. I guess I will give her a little more time. I am going to try not to play any music on her because the last thing I want to do is make Roz jealous. We gave been together for quite awhile (between Roz and Roz II) and it's almost like we are one person now. I am the first $6,000,000 iPodic Man (part man, part pod, all sexy).

How come if you cannot hear you are deaf and if you cannot see you are blind but if you cannot taste or smell there is no name for that? I did not mention touch because that is called dead I think or just heartless if you are discussing the metaphorical "touch."

I just got done with a Words For Friends game with my buddy and Dirty Laundry Podcast Media Critic Greg Weindorf and it it was my first "sister kisser." You know the old saying when you tie, "it's like kissing your sister?" I never had a sister so I am not sure if the whole, "it feels good but what's the point deal" is relevant but I always thought that saying was amusing. For some reason nobody says "it's like kissing your brother" because I think that may have taken-on some more twists. When I think about "kissing your brother" I think about Michael Corleone kissing Fredo and I don't think kissing his brother ended very well for Fredo. If your bother ever kisses you you had better go into deep cover....Fredo wasn't right in the head but we can learn from him. Anyway Greg and I tied and that is pretty rare I imagine just like kissing your brother.

I just now read a story that Peyton Manning is meeting with the Arizona Cardinals. If you will remember about a week or two back, before Peyton ever even left the Colts, I predicted he would be a Cardinal this next season. My prediction may still come true and then people will come to me for massive predictions and I will never be right again because I was right once a long time ago and they will call me Matty The Greek even though I am not Greek but I know all of the Greek swear words because that's what I do. I think I want to be called Matty The Kraut or Matt The Mick. Manning throwing to Larry Fitzgerald is gonna be pretty cool.

Sorry, I took a moment to pay the mortgage and the electric bill. Now I will not be homeless and/or in the dark for at least one more month. Okay, I am pretty much always in the dark but that is mainly by choice. with no knowledge comes no responsibility.

I started to watching The Walking Dead (season 1) last night. I realize I am way behind but slow and steady wins the race. We also thought about going to see a movie tonight so we'd have something extra to talk about on the podcast but there's nothing good around here. I may have to travel to St. Charles to see The Artist.

I am having a hard time focusing. I think I am still very tired or I may be coming down with something. My partner at work was gone for a couple of days because he was pretty sick and although he tried to stay clear of me the night he started to getting ill I am afraid I may soon become The Walking Dead. I start my new job Friday so I cannot afford to be sick this week. I do have today, tomorrow and Monday off so if I am going to get dead I hope to do it soon so I can be reborn by Tuesday night. I am excited about starting my new job but still a little nervous. It's working for the same department at the same place but just a different "division" I guess you'd call it. One of the drawbacks is that I will no longer get a three-day weekend every other weekend and also that it looks like "my weekend" may be Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope it's worth the extra pay and the extra months of work.

Even the word banquet is stupid!
I am going to sign-off now because we have to do something about dinner. I think we are probably going to go out because it's already 7:30 and we haven't planned anything. Tomorrow is Fabio's basketball banquet. I think it's all of the basketball teams (Varsity, sophomore and freshman) so it may either be long or we will all eat together and break up for the different teams presentations. I have to figure out a desert for 24 people.

Have a nice night and thanks for taking the time to read this. if you have any ideas of things you'd like us to discuss on the podcast they we will be recording tomorrow please let me know tonight or tomorrow morning....we will talk about anything. TTTM (or tomorrow on the podcast)...MITM (ewt)

No comments:

Post a Comment