Thursday, March 22, 2012

Every Day I'm Snifflein' Snifflein'

It's Thirsty. I feel a little better this morning after getting a good night's sleep thank you to one of my favorite over-the-counter cold and flu remedies. I realize it's not the medicine that makes me feel better it's the sleep but if the medicine helps me sleep I guess the medicine is part of that process.

Fabio and I drove all the way to The Chicago Premium Outlet Mall last night because he is outgrowing all of his shirts. He has been a medium for quite a while but now they don't work so well. Even though he weighs less than 130 pounds he is out-growing them up-and-down not out. In plain English he isn't getting fat he is getting too tall. So, we went there and went to outlet stores for Adidas and Nike and Puma and Under Armor and several others that I cannot remember and he got one shirt. We then stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods on the way home and he got nothing there either. Is is possible to go the Dick's Sporting Goods and not make at least one joke? For me ....NO! It probably cost us about $20 in fuel with the price at $4.09/gallon (which is good compared to what I saw over in The Fox Valley) to get one shirt. I must admit it's a pretty cool shirt - it's a Derek Rose All-Star shirt and it was marked way down which is a bonus but also shows me how much they mark them up originally so we feel better later when they are only making 100% when they mark them down. I can really tell he is maturing because it wasn't that long ago that he would have gotten about 20 shirts. There were a lot of cool shirts but he is very particular now.even though I felt like garbage from this cold it was a great time out with just he and I - male bonding. He even said he may want to finally go golfing with me this year....as long as he gets to drive the cart. DONE!

Did you hear the honesty and moronitude (probably a made-up word) that Mitt Romney's advisory Eric Fehrnstrom said yesterday? When CNN asked him if Romney take a more political center stance in November if/when he has to battle President Obama for the top political job in America he said, "I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's like an Etch A Sketch. You can shake it up and we start all over again." This has always been every politician's stance as far as I am concerned (say whatever best suits them at that particular time) but nobody has ever been so stupid as to say it right out like that. This may actually cause Romney the Republican nomination. The next few days we will hear more lies to cover-up "what we really meant" or "it was taken out of context" or whatever spin they will put on it. Will this dude lose his job? If so, what message does that send? If not, what message does that send. All of the lies politicians tell remind me of working at my last job where I worked for nearly 20 years. I am so happy to be away from that type of environment. This is also why I have never gotten into politics. I save my lying for the poker table where it is called bluffing. I also never liked fishing for the same reason - though I do lie occasionally, just like everyone does, I never feel comfortable doing it. That may all be a lie but at least I only have to deal with the blog medium.
My Etch-A-Sketch/Ouija Combo

The new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. I just threw that in there like a commercial break (the podcast is rubbing-off on the blog TWSS). I am happy that I am back blogging again; I really would have missed it. I cannot say I will blog every day but I will let you know in the usual ways when there is a new blog up. My weird work schedule makes it hard for me to blog like a real boy.

So now Peyton Manning is now a Bronco and Tim Tebow is now a Jet. I was close with saying Manning would be in Arizona (at least geographically). I think he will continue to do great as a quarterback as his career goes on and he will wear a Bronco's jersey when he goes to the Hall of Fame. Even though the number 18 was a retired number in Denver the player that wore it, Frank Tripucka, gave his consent for Manning to wear the number. I would have thought new team, new number but athlete's are very superstitious and I am just a little stitious (yes, I stole that from Michael Scott). I guess The Colts retired Manning's number too. So, you cut the guy and then retire his number? That makes no sense at all. He was great enough to have his number retired but you send him packing? Professional sports are so confusing - money changes everything, everywhere, every day! On this week's podcast, before Tebow went to the Jets, we did a stupid "skit" at the beginning of the show about Bennie and The Jets but now I wish we had waited a couple more days so we could have done Tebow and the Jets. Even the podcast is sort of a Ouija! (sort of AN Oujia doesn't sound right)

I think I am going to lie down a little longer because I am starting to get stuffed-up again. I appreciate those of you who convinced me to continue blogging and those of you who read this who make we want to keep blogging - I will sign your community service voucher any time you want me to. Have a great Thursday (which is my new Monday) - your weekend is right around the corner. TTTT?...MITM (out with a Spring in his step even though every day he's snifflein' snifflein')

No comments:

Post a Comment