Thursday, March 1, 2012

One Blog, Two Blog, Red Blog, Blue Blog

I woke up just now and came here to blog
Slept pretty well though my head's still in fog
I had to get up 'cause I knew it was time
My sheezewags and farzoons still hated the chime
Second sleep works only with half-time break
So out of the bed my fanny did shake
To come here and write not in bed will I stay
I have to blog now - IT'S DR. SEUSS DAY!!!!
I know that is lame but it is, in fact, Dr. Seuss Day so I felt I had to put something together for Theodor Geisel even if just on the fly. I imagine it's just a coincidence that the new Dr. Seuss film The Lorax is out now right? I don't really know that story I but I do like Dr. Seuss. I was always a fan of what Dr. Geisel was doing.

I was saddened to hear that Davy Jones died yesterday; I was a Monkees fan since I can remember. Davy was always my favorite but I have a feeling he was everybody's favorite. I also think everyone's least favorite was Mike Nesmith - White Out snob! I think part of the reason I liked H. R. Huffenstuff so much was even because Jimmy reminded me of Davy Jones. I know you have probably heard that The Monkees once opened-up for Jimi Hendrix. If that is what you heard you hear incorrectly... Jimmy Hendrix once opened-up for The Monkees - that's how big The Monkees were at one time. And, of course, all of us MIDDLErs remember when Davy was on The Brady Bunch.
Angela Jolie'Lin

Last night I had three bananas and a Honey Crisp apple. Man, are those Honey Crisp apples are good. The reason I mention it at all is that I have always taken things like bananas for granted; I don't know why I thought of it last night. Isn't it amazing, if you think about it, that we even get to have bananas? Most of them come to us from half-way around the world. I am going to start appreciating bananas more. I have always been grateful for mangoes and papayas and kiwis and such but I have taken bananas for granted becasue we have had them in plentiful bounty since I first knew who Davy Jones was. I know I take too may things in life for granted and I wish I knew I could stop I I know I cannot and that saddens me some. I even take friends and family for granted and that saddens me even more. We are slaves to our ways of life :(

I did not watch the Academy Awards and except for the winners of the "big awards" I don't really know anything about what happened at the butt-smooch fest. I do know one thing that occurred that is causing a new national sensation. Angelina Jolie stood with her one leg out and she was very skinny. It;s funny how we forgot that she made-out with her brother at an awards ceremony and she used to wear blood around her neck but now she stands with her leg funny and all of that comes back out again. My theory is that she had bad gas that night and she was - you know. I heard that there is a big craze going on called Jolie'ing; it is replacing planking as the new lunatic fringe movement. I would say it's even going to put the Captain Morgan stance out of business. Now you can see why she and Brad Pitt don't do many press things.
Can you believe that Peyton Manning may not be an Indianapolis Colt next season? Rob Lowe said months ago that Manning would retire this season and it looks like he may have been onto something but I predict that Peyton will be back next season in an Arizona Cardinals' uniform because the Colt's "Sucked for Luck."

I have to get some stuff done during this sleep intermission so I had better wrap up so I can get some laundry done and get the trash together and get it out to the curb. Last week, as you might remember, I put it at the end of the driveway and some jerk parked in front of it to clean out neighbor's driveway of snow and blocked our trash so it didn't get picked up. At least it is cold enough that it didn't stink up our garage. This week I am plopping it back out in the street so it doesn't get missed but people are going to drive by and see double trash and think this is the Hefner's winter cottage or something. I also have to get caught up on my words With Friends With Benefits because people are waiting for me and I do not to like to make people wait and then I have to get on with Second Sleep.

Thanks a lot, as always, for kindly stopping in - are you surprised that I didn't even mention the podcast one time in this blog? Have a great Ides or March or whatever March 1st is called. TTTT...MITM (off) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment