Friday, March 23, 2012

Crying and Religion and Sports and Stuff

I'm a Hep, Hep Matt (maybe)?
It is 4 AM and I decided to frustrate myself and type this on the tiny keys of my cell phone again. What else can I complain about? My throat is scratchy and my nose is running one minute and stuffed-up the next. I did not stay home from work because I like to get everybody else sick too. I believe that I should "play hurt" because if I am not here there is nobody to do my job. I am not sure if that is loyalty or stupidity or inconsiderate but I like to be dependable. I had to have a hepatitis B shot for this new position; do you suppose I have hepatitis now? Until you hear differently I have hepatitis.

Do you suppose Tiger Woods' not playing like Tiger Woods us karma? I know at his worst he is better than I will ever be at my best but he certainly isn't at his best.

I listened to the newest Dirty Laundry Podcast yesterday. I always like to listen to the show to make sure it us at least not terrible. I think it is not terrible this week. This coming week we will the Chicago Ghost Hunters Group and the week after that we will have filmmaker John Borowski on the show. I think they will both be great shows and I am looking forward to both. John Borowski even has Dirty Laundry Podcast linked off of his site - that makes us one degree from Netflix and The Biography Channel and WYCC television in Chicago!


Atlanta Braves' Chipper Jones retired yesterday after 23 years playing for one team. While announcing his retirement he cried. It seems that most professional athletes cry when they retire. I know I would cry if it were me; they are walking away from millions of dollars and only having to work half-a-year playing a game they love. We always tell boys it is okay to cry but then other kids make fun of these guys when they do. Sometimes I cry because I didn't become a professional baseball player. My favorite one of all time was Mike Schmidt's farewell speech. If you watch that clip notice that there are no photographers taking photos until Schmidt starts balling (not the baseball kind). Sometimes Cha Cha says to me when I get all bent outta shape about something, "you are so sensitive!" Mind you that I don't cry but I wear my emotions on my sleeves sometimes, I admit. I do get teary-eyed at movies quite often. Also...the reason she fell in love with me in the first place, besides my rugged good looks, boyish charm and wonderment, was my sensitivity! I think that's why most people like me - because of my empathy and kind heart....I better stop before I am balling like Schmidt.
New teammates - watch Tebow try to slay Sanchez!
Wow, I sure hope you like sports because I am in a sports mood today (sort of). Remember yesterday I talked about Peyton manning going to The Denver Broncos (if not just scroll down and read yesterday's blog and then scroll back to here when you're through)? Evangelist Pat Robertson, who just last week said he thought marijuana should be legalized, weighed in on the Manning signing and Tim Tebow getting traded to The New York Jets. Robertson said that Tebow was treated "shabbily" and an injury to Manning "would serve them right" (speaking of The Broncos). What's up with this dude? Marijuana I could go either way on and it certainly isn't a religious faux pas and who knows... Jesus and The Buddha and Mohammad and Jehovah and all of the rest of them may have lit up a plant or two in their day before tobacco was the plant of choice but to wish physical harm on another person? Especially over sports?  He wasn't hung on a cross - he was traded to New York (okay maybe that is cruel and inhumane after I see it typed). When Saturday Night Live did a Tim Tebow skit in December Robertson attacked SNL too. Did someone go to Vegas a little too soon and put a lot of the collection plate money on Tebow? It couldn't have been on The Broncos because Manning makes the LOTS better. I suppose it's because Tebow prays on the field which is fine and good but why wish someone an injury? How does he know Peyton manning doesn't pray too but doesn't make a public display of it...How many of you, even you very religious people, go to a knee while at work in the middle of your job and pray? You may pray quietly but...come-on Pat!

I am going to try to get some sleep. I may get caught-up on my Words With Friends first. Have a great Friday and enjoy the weather your MIDDLERS. Hopefully you are having nice weather today wherever you are. Thank you for stopping in and spending a few moments with me; I appreciate it mucho. I suppose you liked some of this and some of it may have angered you. Sorry for the stuff that you liked. TTT?...MITM (out like a kraut with gout - or hepatitis but that doesn't rhyme). 

No comments:

Post a Comment