Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Today's Blog May Just Save Your Life!

A billboard currently on the tollway in Chicagoland area
Hi there! I am not in a blogging mood but it may just be becasue I am tired this morning. I had been feeling that maybe the blog has run it's course, whatever that means since there never really was a course for it to run, and I may stop writing the blog soon. I am not sure and I will probably change my mind about that and continue writing - time will tell.

Last night I finished watching season one of The Walking Dead. It's a pretty good show just as my great friend Greg said that it is. Now I have to get to watching season two and I will be completely caught up.

Last night Cha Cha, Splenda and I went out for sushi. I love sushi and I think a great part of that is that I love wasabi. I like ginger too but wasabi is the bomb. It was funny because I didn't realize that the color of wasabi is the color of our Fiat. While eating the sushi last night I thought to myself that I think I am going to give up meat again and go back to seafood and veggies. I think I felt better when I didn't eat meat and I know I have gained weight since adding meat back to my diet. I think that may be a coincidence but I think when I gave up being meatless I gave up the discipline in my eating habits at the same time. I believe the not eating meat was forcing me to think about what I was eating more and made me more accountable and thinner. 

An other meat coincidence is that I heard about a new report that says eating beef increases your chances of death by 20%. That is kind of a moronic statement because we are all 100% going to die so now, if I eat meat, I have a 120% chance of dying? I guess they mean you may die sooner because they say beef can cause cancer, diabetes and/or heart disease. Another report said that drinking soda or pop or soft drinks or whatever you may call them where you are increases your chances of heart attack by 20%. This is only for regular soda and does not include diet sodas which, if I remember, at one time were supposed to cause cancer because of the artificial sweeteners. So, if I go out and have a huge steak or some meatloaf and wash it down with a giant tasty cola beverage and die can my life insurance company deny my family my death benefit money because I killed myself? If I want to speed up the process I could have a hot dog appetizer because supposedly they now cause butt cancer. I am pretty sure I am giving up meat again and I already do not drink regular pop so bully for me.
They even have airboat buses it looks like!

I guess there is a lot of flooding in Louisiana. I feel bad for them but if anybody is going to get floods Louisiana is one of the places that I think can handle it. Firstly, they are on the ocean/Gulf of Mexico so they are already used to water and probably are always ready for such of a problem ever since Hurricane Katrina (at least you'd hope they are) but secondly, as I saw on the news, they have airboats. We have a boat which would come in handy but these people have airboats probably in their garages. I would have to be smart enough to know that the rain/flooding wasn't going to stop, get the boat out of storage, de-winterize it... All they have to do is go into the garage and get on their airboat and hit the streets. Maybe kick an alligator or two off of it first but that's easy compared to getting it ready after the winter.

How come when you're a kid (not the goat kind because I think this definitely would not apply to them) you don't even know you have nose hairs and ear hairs but when you get to be a MIDDLEager you are almost always aware that you have these tiny little nuisances? My facial hair grows faster and now I have these hairs growing from every hole in my bowling ball noggin'. I am thinking about squirting Nair into all of my holes to slow this down. Would nose hair or ear hair ponytails look stupid? I may have to start this to see if I can get a new fashion thing going. I would say I smell a money maker with different nose hair and ear hair accessories but I cannot smell that through my nose dreadlocks! Do the hairs stay the same length and our heads just shrink like those little Aborigine heads in The Field Museum? Now, since I wrote this, everybody is going to be checking out my ears and my nose every time they see me so I have to check all the time now. I pretty much have always created my own trouble.

It's funny because I washed the Fiat last night and remember that I told you about the mustache on the car? Maybe that was on last week's Dirty laundry Podcast I talked about that but, anyway, we have a magnetic mustache on front of the car and while I was washing the car at the car wash last night while I was spraying on the wax I started laughing out load when I realized I was waxing my car's mustache. Now I want to get it a handlebar mustache. By the way, I uploaded the new podcast yesterday so it is there and at iTunes if you need more of a Matt In The Middle/The Agitator fix.

Okay, that's enough. For a guy who is thinking about not blogging anymore I sure did ramble-on again. I just want to leave you with one question to ponder that was raised to me by Fabio as I was watching the DVR'd The Celebrity Apprentice last night - "why is it always raining when they get kicked off the show and they are driving out of town?" I believe it's because Trump probably controls the weather in New York too but....maybe I am wrong.

Thank you for being here and have a great day. I am going back to bed because I am tired and I can! TTTT...MITM (off to the land of nod)

No comments:

Post a Comment