Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bigfeet and Appleseeds and God Particles, Oh My!

What day is it? Thursday right? I am so tired of not knowing what day it is but it won't change for probably ever!

Because of my friend Brian I have been thinking about Bigfoot a lot lately. Thanks a lot Cha Cha For A Day! While I was getting ready for work yesterday I saw that the show Searching For Bigfoot was on so I put it on while I put on my socks - just a coincidental Bigfoot thing. Anyway, they were looking for Bigfoot which makes sense and I probably should have figured that's what they were gonna do on a show called Searching For Bigfoot. But I started to think as I do every other Wednesday and I wondered to myself, "self, what is the plural of Bigfoot?" I guessed that it should logically be Bigfeet. Then, as I was starting to put my shoes on (again a coincidence) one of the dudes on the show said they were looking for Bigfoots. For some reason that made sense too. I guess I will have to defer to the nerdy experts.

Speaking of scientists that are trying to make a difference I heard that right here in good old Illinois the people at Fermilab may have found the Higgs boson. I know, isn't that extremely exciting? The Higgs boson is sometimes called the God Particle. The Higgs boson will totally rock the entire religious world becasue it will show, if my pea-brain non physicist brain can come close to comprehend this because it will show how MATTer (mass) can be produced... better yet, if you're more intelligent than I, and my money is on you, read this and maybe you will know better if you are interested. I just think it's cool that it may have been discovered A) because they have had to slow down the use of the super-collider because of budget/funding cuts so they have had time to evaluate the data that they have collected for years and B) that they discovered it in the very same place that I first saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It still blows my mind that I saw that movie at one of the most prestigious scientific facilities in all of the world.

Sunday is Johnny Appleseed Day. I always liked Johnny Appleseed.

As predicted here a week or two ago Peyton Manning is no longer an Indianapolis Colt. Rod Lowe still has a chance to be right if Peyton decides not to play this season (Rob Lowe said, about a month ago, that Peyton Manning was going to retire) but Peyton will play. I still think he will be The Arizona Cardinals' QB this coming season but the smart money is probably on The Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins have been my favorite football team since 1971 so I guess that would be fine with me too. One of my fondest memories of my grandfather has to do with The Dolphins. I still have The Dolphins helmet he bought be back in 1971-1972 though it probably is a little tight now.

I am beginning to babble in my mind which is worse than in a brook so I had better get to sleep. Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a great day. I get to pick up Splenda in Champaign tomorrow morning - I am always excited to see her and have her home again. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment