Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Ya'all Come Back Now, Here?

Happy weekend (for me at least) and happy whatever you want to happy about.

I came down stairs this morning and turned on Netflix and I see season two of American Vandal has begun so I watched episode one. I really liked season one and this one is shaping up to be good too. They seem like documentaries but they are, I guess, mockumentaries (I think that is already a word but, if not, I will take credit for it). I just watched one episode so far but it is only 08:34 right now so, I imagine I will watch some more episodes later today. Netflix pretends that they/it knows me because it recommends "Top Picks" for me and I rarely have any interest in those shows/movies. It's like Netflix doesn't even know me.

My first week back to work was kind of rough. The right Achilles seems to be doing very well but the left knee if taking on the role of the protagonist. I probably already wrote this in a previous blog but the walking unevenly (with the stupid Darth Vader boot) was putting a lot more stress on the left side. We have a thing at work that they will call VLE (Voluntarily Leave Early) that they will call once in awhile if not everyone is needed for that day. They rotate the list so not all of the same people get the chance every day. In my first day back, Sunday, guess whose name was called first. Yes, I was at the top of the list and I decided to stay at work for the twelve hours. I regretted that decision most of the day but, come payday, I will be happy that I stayed all the work week. I will wait until after my four-day weekend to decide but, if I went with how I feel right now I would/will probably agree to go home if my name gets called. But it is a blogger's prerogative to change his/her mind.
This is Dr. Roy - he is awesome!
Well, it is now 17:01 and I have done quite a bit since those previous paragraphs. I went to breakfast at The Junction (though I had a tuna melt and cole slaw) with a gal pal of mine. After that I drove to Winfield to see my neurologist. Everything is perfect and my next appointment with him is September 25th 2019. On the way home I stopped at two stores to get various groceries and sundries. I cannot believe how that I-88 is still so bad with construction. On the way home from Winfield I took Butterfield Rd. all the way to Geneva where I got on the tollway to head the rest of the way home. It seemed faster but maybe it was just less stressful as I continued to move.

When I got home our next door neighbor Phyllis came over and brought some mail of ours that she received by mistake. It turned out that it was just two credit card offers - one for Jill and one for me. I tore them into shreds and burned them in the fire pit. I cannot believe how many of those stupid things we get. Phyllis originally from Alabama. She recently had a book published and we will have her on the podcast when we get that going again soon. We are going to monkey around with it in the basement studio before we see if we want to use the library's facilities.

I am going to end now to start getting dinner ready. Still using the Sun Basket box that comes with three meals per week with all the ingredients to make the dinners. Cha Cha made the one last night as I usually do the cooking. She found it quite easy and it was quite delicious. Tonight it is some kind of a gyros dish. I may watch season two episode two of American Vandal or I may watch another episode of The Lone Ranger. The one I watched this morning was one of the first episode where The Lone Ranger found Silver and nursed him to health when they found him shot and left to die. I love watching the shows from when I was a kid. We watch: The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, The Lucy Show, Flipper, I Dream of Jeannie, Good Times, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Dick Cavett Show... so many more. It's nice because most of them are only half-hour episodes and they're good to watch while making dinner or folding laundry or blogging... I will really end. Now it's time to say goodbye to Matt and all his kin (friends). (He) They would like to thank you folks for kindly dropping in. You're all invited back to this locality to have a heapin' helpin' of (my) their hospitality. Hillbilly that is, set a spell, ya'll come back now, ya hear? This has been a Filmways blogsertation! TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment