Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Dirty Laundry Blog

I'll was down in the basement yesterday cleaning and sorting and organizing. I cleaned out Kajunkles Studio and then sat at the Dirty Laundry Podcast control center and wrote a blog. Somehow, somewhere, some way it disappeared. I didn't have it in me to write anymore so I just finished getting the studio ready for business. I had promised our Music Director Eric Solfisburg and our one-and-only Cha Cha for a day, Brian Didier that we would get the show make in the ether and they will both come back into the studio again. Cha Cha and I will do a few before we have guests back on the air so we can make them not sound like idiots because of our being unprepared. I guess it will be like Spring Training. I have copies of all of the previous shows and I may re-post some of those shows to get people familiar again.
I will not take Dr. Borax for granted ever again
I also wrote about the person that would write in and say mean and nasty things about us and the show - we called him Dr, Borax. We read his letters and we found them entertaining. He did not mean them to be funny as he was just being mean. I think it may have come from envy or jealousy and he was trying to bring us down. He did just the opposite. I know Dr. Borax's true identity and Eric and Brian know him too though they do not know who he really is. The last time that Eric and Brian and I were all together (not long ago) Dr. Borax was among us. I spoke privately with Borax and it was not confrontational. Actually, having a Dr. Borax on the show added the arch criminal that Matman needs to be the good guy, maybe.

Over the last few nights I have been watching the first (and only, for so far) season of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on (Amazon) Prime Video. I am finished with the entire show to date and now I will await season two whenever that occurs. It's pretty much a prequel to all of the: Harrison Ford. Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Ben Affleck portrayals of Ryan. I was surprised at how well John Krasinski did. I am so used to him being Jim on The Office. I would say that Baldwin was the best Jack Ryan. That may be because he was playing opposite Sean Connery and James Earl Jones; how do you compete with that? 

I am hoping to get back to work within a week or so. Physical Therapy has helped a lot though I do have some discomfort in my opposite knee for having to haul my over-sized load around for several months. I am still getting 75% of my pay being on FMLA but that is about 25% lower than I need. Yesterday I sprang my dad out of his physical rehab facility. He was very happy to be home and I think his cat was even happier for him to be home. 

I am going to end now and hope this does not disappear. Thanks for your patience and for continuing to stop by. Have a great evening and I will try to write again on the morrow. TTTThen...MITM (out) chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment