Saturday, September 22, 2018

Carolina's On My Blog

It's 11:42 the day before I return to work. I set the alarm clock for 5 AM this morning just to make sure I still knew how to get up early to an alarm. No problem at all, thankfully. I am pretty excited to get back to work. My Achilles is aching a little bit but nothing like it wad before. I am concerned that being on my feet for 12 hours three days straight will aggravate the heel. If it does I am just going to soldier through it  quietly like I was doing before I knew what was going on.
I took Jeff to Gevena for his grooming this morning. The appointment was for 08:00 and we got there at about 07:30 so we walked around until they were open and it was time for his snip, snip... (not the vasectomy kind but the haircut kind). He did very well. Last time we were there I was unable to tip the lady who cut his fur because they will not allow people to put the tips on the credit cards. I have a feeling that the people who trim the dogs are like independent contractors. Luckily, the woman who cut his fur last time was there again this time. I was hoping for that to occur so I stopped at the ATM on the way there and got some cash. I was able to tip the lady who trimmed him today $10 and I also tipped the lady who cut his hair today $10. So weird. I am watching The Andy Griffith Show and it's one that is mainly focused around Floyd the barber - the "The Bookie Barber" episode (season 2: episode 28 in case you remember it by season and episode number rather than title). Now Jeff is outside just getting filthy again.

I brought one of the bigger televisions into the Tiki Room and now I am thinking about bringing the tiki bar up here but I feel I would meet some resistance so it will probably not happen. There really isn't that much more room in here anyway.

All of a sudden it feels like a knife just stabbed me in the right heel of my foot. Oddly, I am sitting down and typing and it is above the part of the Achilles tendon that is swollen and agitated. Perhaps it is good that is not where the tendon is aggravated? Whatever happens I will push threw it and save my money from going back to one of the doctors. The first doctor I went to is trying to railroad but I am not having it. I will wait and write about that later if the letter I sent him isn't addressed to my satisfaction. Suffice it to say that he did not diagnose me correctly and did not credit a $200 payment that I have proof of pavement (I do have a receipt). All of the other doctors I visited seem more forthright. I am not going to jump to conclusions until I hear back from his office.

How come most people in Mayberry, North Carolina don't have southern accents? I bet people in Mount Airy do.

Oddly, my phone just dinged and I looked at it's a story about Republican Congressman Ralph Norman making a sexual assault joke about 85-year-old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg being "...groped by Abraham Lincoln." What in the Hell is wrong with these people? In case you are looking for verification it was published in the NOT-failing New York Times. I cannot imagine what we would have read if the internet had been invented 50 years earlier. Who wants to move to Canada with me?

I am going to call this a wrap. Not sure if I will be able to blog tomorrow since I will be working almost every hour that I am awake on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. I may squeak a blog in before Wednesday but I doubt it will happen. Thanks for stopping by. TTT?...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment