Thursday, September 13, 2018

Barry Paisano (but which one?)

The 13th Amendment to the Constitution is my favorite!
Happy Thursday the 13th. How come only Friday the 13ths are bad? If it is just the number 13 then it should be every month's days that fall on the 13th. My favorite number has always been 13. Fridays are among my favorite days of the week too. That affinity for 13 probably began when I was younger and knew that superstitions were nonsense and I wanted to prove it to myself. There are other superstitions that I know are bupkis but it is okay if the masses believe things that are untrue as long as they don't harm anyone else and if it makes them feel better, hopeful and more secure about things. There are so many people that are afraid of the number 13 that there is even a name for it - triskaidekaphobia. Spellcheck doesn't even know that it is a real word as it wants me to correct the spelling to claustrophobia. I will not be made to do something wrong when I know I have done it correctly. Try to see if there is a word for the fear of the number 14  - spoiler alert - there is not.

I watched a movie called Barry on Netflix this morning. I had already watched the first season of the series Barry with Bill Hader and Henry Winkler on HBONOW but this one was different. The one I watched this morning was about the early years of Barack Obama's life. It was a movie not a documentary. I liked both Barrys and I cannot wait for the next season of the Hader one to start back up. I wish Barry were still President (Obama not Hader). I never knew that he was ever called Barry.
Must have been December 14 2017

Yesterday we received a new phone book on our front porch. Some dude was riding his bicycle around throwing them on people's porches like Dennis the Menace used to do with newspapers back in the day. Do we even need telephone books anymore with the internet? Do we still call places? I know 911 by heart and every other number I need is either programmed into my phone or I can Google it and just send a text message. There were no white pages - only yellow pages. Don't people pay for the yellow page listings? Why would they do that - seems fiscally irresponsible. If you own stock in any of these businesses you may want to bring that up at the next shareholders meeting.

It's after noon now so I am having a glass of Moscoto. I had one glass yesterday and I will probably have one tomorrow. Jill and I may go to Villa Verone for dinner in Geneva tomorrow about 5:30ish. I think I will save tomorrow's daily glass of Moscoto for there. If you're looking for something to do stop on by. The owner of that place loves us because we have a FIAT. He saw it when we first got the car and he always has us park right out front. Since he saw ours a few years ago he has since bought two of them. He is from Italy and says that they are much smaller in Italy so he never cared for them there. Happy to be of service paisano.

Don't try to whack me - I always have my back to a wall
I am excited to get back to work on the 23rd. The physical therapy has really helped and the doctor released me to go back then. I am sure that my login codes have expired but I am excited (kind of) to go back. One of my friends from my previous shift transferred to this shift and Fabio works there on the same shift as me too. I think Jeff will miss me but he will get over it quickly.

I wish the people on the eastern seaboard safety. Most of my hopes and dreams and wishes do not come true but I am going to put extra effort into this wish. I always hope good things for you too.

I guess I am going to end here now. I thank you for seeing what is on my mind and fingers today and I am pretty sure I will write again tomorrow. TTTThe next time I see/write ya next... MITM (out) TA! P.S. I might sneak another glass of wine now that I am done with this and that.

No comments:

Post a Comment