Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Thunder Blogged!

I have made tree fiddy giving plasma so far - in tree and a hap weeks
It's 13:41 and I am going to blog before I die. I donated plasma this morning at 10:10 and made a cool fiddy dollars. I have made I will do that again on Friday if I should live to see Friday. After the donation I went over to Petco to get him some food. Let's see, after that I went to the jewels (Jewel to people under 80 years old). I forgot what I got there. I remember now - I got some cashews, a submarine sandwich and one other thing. Hmmmm, oh yeah. some grated Mexican cheese mix so I could have nachos or a cheese taco thingy that I just cook on the stove's burners (only works with a gas stove I believe). Then I stopped and filled the gas can (which is not even a can anymore rather a plastic jug dealie). I did also fill the JEEP while there. I got the gas for the lawnmower because it needed a haircut.

On the way home the voices from the speakers said it was going to rain, Of course it was because I wanted to mow the lawn. I got home and filled up the lawnmower and mowed the front yard. As I was finishing the front it thundered and began to sprinkle. That was fine with me because the humidity was quite think and warm; it made me moist. So, the lawnmower and I exited the garage via the rear door and began to mow. I would say that I got about two rows done and the thunder crashed and the rain became much more that a drizzle. I was soaked by the time that I was done but I was not going to stop. I was wearing my gloves and my mowing shoes and the red hardhat that I wear to mow; that hardhat has saved me from a huge lump on my noggin' every single time that I have mowed - including today. Under the hardhat were my cans (large headphones) so I could listen while I mowed. That is all pretty much SOP (standard operating procedure). I was listened to the AC/DC Pandora station. Among the songs that played were: Thunderstruck (AC/DC), Livin' on a Prayer (Bon Jovi), Welcome to the Jungle (Guns -N- Roses), Come On Feel The Noise (Quiet Riot), Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Creedence). Of course, I could link them all to the fun I was having. There were other songs too but they didn't resonate with my situation with me as much. I would like to have heard: Purple Rain, Here Comes the Rain Again, Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Hardhat, Rainy Days and Mondays...
Angus just showing off his fancy Achilles tendons

I still haven't eaten that sandwich. I was too focused on my tasks at hand.

I must say that the mowing the lawn made my Achilles ache though it does not hurt any longer. I have physical therapy again tomorrow and he will be delighted with the damage I did to his leg taping. I find it a relief that the discomfort only lasted until I was done mowing. When I get finished writing and posting this I will put some of the heating ointment on the back of my heel though I don't believe there is a front of a heel -  that would be called a foot or a toe. I want to go back to work and I am going to state that to the orthopedist on Monday. I am pushing to go back to work on the 19th (latest). I cannot go back without a release so I will plead my case. One nice thing about when I go back to work I still get my four-day weekends and I can donate plasma on two of those four days (never two days in a row).

I know this is weird but (the songs about the rain make me want to blog about my project). I have compiled a list of songs that I want to be played at my funeral. I plan to make a disc so if can just play while people talk about what a rat bastard I was and how I look better than I did when I was alive and stuff like that. I plan to be cremated or used as fertilizer for a tree or something so I will look much better. Hey, maybe a weeping willow would be a good tree to fertilize? I am not afraid of death but I am not a big proponent of physical pain though I have had plenty of Spring Training for that possibility.

This blog is becoming an encyclopedia so I will stop while it only a dictionary. I appreciate you coming here when you can. I might take a nap because that is what old guys do when it is raining and they already got most of their chores done. The laundry is almost done being washed so I may wait until I get them into the dryer. Speak of laundry - still working on the Dirty Laundry Podcast; it may take awhile but pod not want not. TTTT? ...MITM (out). I may eat that sandwich now?

No comments:

Post a Comment