Monday, September 17, 2018

I Think I will go with the "larb" tonight

I am taking a break from life now to blog a bit.

Last night Cha Cha and I went over to the DeKalb Public Library to check-out their facilities/ new podcast studio. It looks like a great room with a window and a glass door so people can see Cha Cha and The Agitator making magic (recording the podcast you sicko). We are going back to the library at the end of the month to get schooled on their equipment and such. Anybody who want to use the studio and their equipment has to go through this procedure. I am pretty excited as we had recorded and posted almost 200 shows as we were doing one show a week for quite some time (I am not going to do the math). I just went to the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page and it is still there and you can still listen to a few of our old shows. Whet you appetites for what is to come! Make sure to check out the photos of some of our past guests and such.

I went over to Lowe's and Menard's. I do not know why I ever even go to Lowe's because I always get frustrated and then go to Menard's and find what I need with very helpful employees. I will learn my lesson one of these days. Jill wanted a new closet door in for the closet in her office and that was my project for most of my day so far.

One week from today I will almost be done with my second day back to work with the four-day weekend a mere 14 working hours away. I am excited to get back to work but I am somewhat concerned that being on my feet for twelve hour stretches will aggravate my Achilles tendon.

What else is exciting in my living on the razor's edge life?  Saturday I get to take Jeff to Geneva for a snip snip here and a snip snip there and a couple of la te dahs. I will have to find something to do with myself while I wait. There is plenty to do in Geneva and St. Charles. His appointment is at 08:00 so maybe breakfast? Maybe Cha Cha will go with me. Last time I just stayed there and helped the lady because Jeff does not like baths or getting his nails clipped. I don't think I mentioned the nails being clipped so I had better call back now and tell them about that part. I called and they said "that will be no problem." That's why we drive all the way over there from here.

When I drove into the driveway from getting the door I saw a box from Sun Basket on the front porch. I was going to go to the supermarket to get something for dinner after I installed the door but the blogging gods smiled on me. See, I do believe in some gods. so, the three choices for tonight are: sweet potato taquitos, quick chicken larb lettuce cups or chicken katsu. I didn't know what quick chicken larb... was either but the book that comes with the food (with the recipes...) says that this is "known  as the national dish of Laos. Now I looked and learned that katsu is Japanese for "cutlet." It is traditionally deep-fried pork or beef. We got chicken as we are trying to stay off of red meat. The larb photograph looks the most appealing to me. I bet you have never said that before.

Now I just have the podcast on my mind; I really do miss doing the show. We met a lot of very interesting and talented people and right now we could make quite a few conservative enemies though that would not be out intention. There is so much to talk about right now in the world of politics and influential people taking advantage of their subordinates in many disgusting ways. Maybe we can get big enough to get blasted by 45 in a tweet; that is my new goal, I bet Tom Arnold would phone-in for the show.

I expected to only blog for a few minutes but here I still am. I am going to change out of my new Nike's and put on my lawn-mowing old, ratty, Nike's and mow the yard. I will do, least, the front yard so we have curb appeal. When I get going I will probably continue to get the back done too because that is my modus operandi. It is 15:43 now and I will clock back in when I get done with the yard. I cannot believe the humidity - mainly because it has led to me many times.

I am back and it is now 16:53. In addition to  mowing the front I also: mowed the back yard and burned a bunch of dead branches and leaves. Now it is about one of eleven hours before Cha Cha gets home. She is so dedicated to her job. She literally works seven days a week though a few of them are from home. She has a lot more patience than I do because I know what she goes through. If Debbie P. is reading this today's blog she will know what I am blogging about.

Alright off to make the Larb. Wasn't Larb one of the Star Wars villains? Have a great night; I will probably blog again tomorrow since I have all of the yard work and that damned door done. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment