Sunday, September 16, 2018

MATT HELSER has a BLOG!

One week from today I get to return to work. I know that I will have some mild discomfort but I am going crackers not being able to do much. I have come a long way as I am wearing my new Nike Air Precisions now rather than that stupid Herman Munster boot. I will wear the Nikes almost constantly to try to get them broken in properly by next Sunday. I will not wear them in the shower or while in bed. I still do wear a soft boot that I was given by the orthopedist while I sleep. I am not sure why but I assume he knows what he is talking about as I seldom do. I am also wearing a knee brace dealie on my left knee as I think I have favored that leg while the right Achilles was on vacation. It seems to help though I know it will be soaked in sweat every day when I get back to work.

Cha Cha and I are heading over to the library sometime today to check out their podcast booths. We have a studio in the basement but the library may have equipment that allows us to get Dirty Laundry Podcast on the ether quicker? Maybe they even have a way to allow us to broadcast live? So many maybes and perhapses and what ifs... I am not sure if live would be that good though as I think most of the funny stuff was done in the editing. We'll see.

Happy Mexican Independence Day! That makes lunch choices a bit easier considering Mexican food is probably my favorite food genre. I am a huge see food person also as you can tell by my waist size.

I wonder how 45 will celebrate our neighbors to the south today? Do you think he will mention the wall? I imagine that he will have something to say about how we have been independent longer from England (though he may say something like Englishville or something) than Mexico has been from Spanishtown. I prefer Pina Coladaburg. I bet 45 doesn't even know that our country was bore from England and they were born from Spain. So embarrassing to have a doofus in charge. I have talked myself into a margarita or three today. I see maybe Rosita's in my near future though Eduardo's is also at the top of the list.

Last night I ended-up watching All the President's Men twice. If you rent it on whatever ROKU station we rented it on you can watch it as many times as you like within 24 hours from when you begin watching it the first time. What a great investigation to bring down a maniac though I think it is worse right now (for just a little bit longer I feel).
A satchel full of I Pass money

We had to get a new I-PASS transponder yesterday because I guess they go bad and expire or something. In case you are not from Illinois the I-Pass allows you to go through the faster lanes and not having to stop to pay tolls; the are read as you continue to drive. It is kind of a scam because, many times due to constant road construction, you have to slow down and stop anyway. I have always thought that if a road is under construction to the point that vehicles are forced to stop they should suspend the tolls until they are done with the construction. Anyway we got a new one at Jewel Foods. We could have gone there or to some gas station chain or the tollway oasis I guess. Eventually they will probably mail us speeding tickets based on the times from one toll area to the next. The rest of the country uses EZ Pass but that will work where I-Passes work and visa versa. So why does Illinois have to be different? I bet Al Capone had something to do with it. Hey, is the Al Capone's Hideaway & Steakhouse still open? Nevermind, I went to the website and it read. Sorry, Al Capone's Hideaway & Steakhouse is Permanently Closed. Of course it said that because how can you have a hideout if you advertise? where it is? Supposedly it was actually one of his hideouts pretty far west of Chicago. I loved going there but now I can just "fahget about it!"

If you have Netflix and are looking for s good show to watch I recommend NORM MACDONALD has a SHOW; it is really funny. It is, basically, a talk show but very relaxed (very free-style). The first guest is David Spade and then he has (in order): Drew Barrymore, Judge Judy, David Letterman, Jane Fonda, Chevy Chase, M. Night Shyamalan, Michael Keaton, Billy Joe Shaver and Lorne Michaels. It gets the MITM seal of good talk shows. The entire first season is already available so you can binge watch if you are so inclined. There are a lot of naughty, naughty words (you have been warned).

I am running long so I will end now. Thanks for stopping by. I will probably write tomorrow so stop by again if you feel so inclined. Don't worry, I don't know who stops in and who doesn't and I would not be offended even if I did. Have a great rest of your Sunday, TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment