Saturday, September 8, 2018

Today's "Anomynous" Blog

Too lazy to proofread today (FYI)

45  (his number as President and 10 points higher than his I.Q.) can say "Papadopoulos" properly but cannot say "anonymous?" I think Jeff (our dog) can be trained to say the word "anonymous." I may contact the German consulate to see if I can still invoke my duel citizenship and convert to Germanism (I do know that is not a real word). I sometimes / alsot always lately wonder if I could still initiate duel citizenship even though West Germany (where I was born) is just Germany now. I am pretty sure that I cannot but I can just move there I suppose. I am wasting my high school and college German by not using it and I would probably sound as dumb as 45 over there.Toronto may be an easier and more viable option. I found out that George Papadopoulos lives in the same neighborhood where Splenda lives. That is, of course, when George is not serving 14 days in federal prison and/or doing his community service.

Boy, the way Glen Miller played!
I am watching the news and cannot believe how much gun violence is occurring in our country every single day. I suppose it has been that way for just about ever but I need to stop watching the news. But, burying one's head in the sand does not address the problem. I just changed my viewing to All In the Family on Crackle. At least I know that Carrol O'Conner was pretending to be an ignorant, sexist, bigot. Last night Cha Cha and I watched the first two episodes of Bewithced. I have always found it very interesting that O'Connor was, pretty much, the exact opposite of his character Archie Bunker. He and Norman Lear (producer) thought it would get more viewership if Archie would be: a hippy-despising, antiwar protester hating, conservative, antisemitic, and just about everyone and everything that wasn't white Anglo-Saxon. I remember the episode when Sammy Davis Jr. was on the show and kissed Archie. Awesome work O'Connor, Lear and all involved. Even as a kid I loved All in the Family. I'm not sure that I got most of what was going on but it may have steered me into being the liberal person that I am. The show was so popular that it had several spin-offs. The ones I can remember are: Maude, The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker's Place, Goodtimes, I think Sally Struthers had a spin-off called Gloria too? Most of (probably all of) those spin-offs were also very liberal-leaning shows. Thanks for all of that Archie (Carrol); you helped mold me into someone that I am proud to be. I wish some of the people close to me would have appreciated the satire of what you and Lear put out there; those weren't "how-to" videos. Wow, that was quite a tangent but I will stop before this becomes a term paper.

Yesterday Cha Cha, Fabio and I went to eat at Ellwood Steak & Fish House for lunch. I would say that it is my favorite place to eat in town and that is not just the amazing bloody marys that they serve. I only had three and the first once came with three blue cheese olives. The next two came with two olives each. Fabio was curious so I let him have one of my olives; that is a great sacrifice for me. I would do the same for you FYI. I think I advertised in the blog for them a few days ago so I will stop with the plug unless it gets me more bloody marys?

My Achilles tendon seems do be doing pretty well. I ache a bit when I first get up in the morning but then I get the Icy Hot on that heel and the left knee and I am ready to go. I barely limp up and down the stairs anymore. I still limp a bit if I am not wearing shoes because of the whole missing half of a big toe deal. Happily, I wear shoes most of the time now which also helps. I found out Thursday that my physical trainer/therapist is a St. Louis Cardinals' fan. Usually I get gruff for wearing a redbirds cap but not this time. I learned that he is originally from St. Louis and still has family there. It's a small, small world Midwest. He asked how I became a Cardinals' fan and I just said, "Ozzie Smith!" He knew exactly what I meant. I liked him in San Diego but loved him when he came to Middlewest. Who wouldn't love a guy that sent him a birthday card one year - Cha Cha wrote to him and he obliged. He even added, "you can pick it" to the signature because, he must have heard that I played shortstop too though, not quite to his caliber.

Okay, that is enough for today. I have to get back to Archie and Edith and Mike and Gloria. Have a great rest of your everything. I do always appreciate you stopping by when you can. TTTT?...MITM (out) - "Those were the days!"

"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven." - Edith Bunker (season 4 episode 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment