Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tails and Cox

How am I supposed to keep track of that many characters?
It is so funny how things change so quickly. Yesterday I wrote that I was going to go to Rockford today but that has changed. Fabio stopped by and asked if I wanted to go to the theater to see Avengers: Infinity War or go to the driving range. He has a certificate for a free bucket of balls or something. I said I would be up for either one. So, he went outside and started shooting baskets. I went out and rebounded for him for awhile and then came back into the house to see what time the movie starts. The first showtime here in town is at 4PM (in 3D) and it plays in our neighboring town of Sycamore at 6:45. It is now just a bit before 2PM and the movie is like three hours long. Mind you, he has already seen it. My guess is that we will not do either one. He wants to see it at IMAX now. There is one in Batavia at 3:10. I went outside and he doesn't want to go to that showing because it is so nice outside. So I got the tickets for the 6:40 show. I will be the superhero that is snoring. Those reclining seats make it tough to stay awake.

Tomorrow I am going to go to Evanston with Jill again. I will do my usual wandering around town and finding a different place to eat. The Evanston Public Library is right by our hotel and the Northwestern University is close too. Cha Cha just texted me and she said the hotel room is free (as in no charge). I am not sure if that is because of Hotels.com or our membership in the Hilton Honors program but free is free no MATTer how it happens. Maybe they like the publicity in the blog?

I spent most of the morning reorganizing my closet. It will be nice to be able to find everything more quickly for a few weeks. I also threw out a lot of things. We are regular Goodwill and Salvation Army donors (if "donor" is okay to use in situations other than diving blood and plasma and organs and such). I give blood and plasma too. Last week I finally got all of the towels and sheets over to the TAILS Humane Society to be used as bedding for the animals there. There are a lot of great animals over there if you are in the market for a new best friend. Mostly dogs, thankfully, because I am allergic to cats.
 May 30th and June 1st - 3rd 

Summer is here and I totally missed Spring. Do we only have the two seasons now? If I were to vote on the two season that we would keep they would be Spring and Autumn (Fall). The humidity isn't too bad today but we all know that is coming soon. I may have to get the hammock hung-up soon.

I spent a great deal of time in the local library yesterday amidst all of my running around. The books that I wanted were not available at this library but I requested they be sent here from three other library branches (one book from each of the three libraries). Now he walked in and asked me a question about the movie in another town and walked back out.

I just called my dad and spoke with him for awhile. He wanted to know about the Rockford Peaches' event in Rockford in at the end of this month and the beginning of June. There is a lot going on that weekend around the All American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL) that weekend. Here is a link if you are interested - http://www.internationalwomensbaseballcenter.org/.

I will be right back - I have to start a load of laundry. I am back which is probably obvious to you since you are reading this.
Mr. Peepers / Wally Cox

Now that I am back I think I am going to wrap this up and maybe take a short nap. Is there a no snoring policy in theaters? I paid my money so I should be allowed to sleep if I want to sleep. Do they have outlets for C-PAP machines? I don't want to have to haul an extension cord into the place.

Thank you for stopping by. I may not write tomorrow depending on when we get to the hotel and all of that business. We should have our own regular room at the Hilton -Evanston (Hotel Orrington). I was curious about what famous people were from Evanston and the list is kind of long - Marlon Brando, Oscar Mayer (yes, the hot dog guy), Seth Meyers, Kevin Cronin, Chuck Heston, Peter Uebberoth, William Christopher (Father Mulcahey), Donald Rumsfeld, Wes Parker, Wally Cox (I loved him), Tim Kazyrinsky, Jeremy Piven, Eddie Vedder, The Cusacks (John and Joan)...many more. TTTT (probably from a hotel room again)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment