Thursday, May 24, 2018

Not So Uplifting Today

I am starting to believe that most sleep issues have to do with television. Why don't television stations sign-off anymore? I majored in Radio-Television and I realize that shows now, with the advent of cable television and satellite television..., they entertain the entire world and we have many different time zones around the world so the shows just play on. I predict that, within the next ten years, television will be very different than it is now. I bhink everything will be a la cart. That is pretty much all we have at our house now with Roku and the things (channels/stations...) that we have added like: HBO Now and Pluto TV and Netflix and Amazon Prime television... In addition to those, and many other channels, we can order movies and shows right from the couch with the remote. Many can be rented or purchased. We also can order Redbox movies right on the television rather than having to worry about getting the disc back in time and being charged extra days.

I am going to stop for now and take care of some more bills before the mailman arrives. Mail has changed a lot over the past few years too hasn't it? With the devices that we hold in our hand and in our pockets and purses... being the main ways that we communicate most often.

I feel very badly for the people that are being targeted by many law enforcement agencies throughout our country. The most recent one (that we have heard of) Milwaukee Bucks' basketball star Sterling Brown. His only crime, that I saw, was that he was blocking a couple of handicapped parking spaces with his car at a Walgreen's. I agree that he was wrong (and he eventually did receive a ticket for that) but being tazed while he was cooperating was very excessive. I realize these are isolated incidents and most law enforcement agents (officers, chiefs...) are not like this and we are fortunate to have them when we need help. I worked for a police department for several years and I have many, many, many friends who serve their communities tirelessly who work very long hours to make sure that you and I are safe. Please do not focus on the bad ones that the news covers. Just like every job there are going to be good and bad people performing tasks.

I heard that Donald Duck Trump has backed-out of the meeting with North Korea. I am certain that he backed-out because he knew that Kim Jong Un was going to back-out and he cannot accept any kind of disagreement with him and he thinks this make him look strong when, in fact, it further shows his idiocy and jumping to false conclusions. According to him the Obama administration wire tapped Trump Tower before Trump became President. I hope this He now is saying that there are spies in the FBI and Justice Department and he is calling it "Spygate." He cannot admit that he is way beyond his depth. I so hope he is shown the door very soon. Should we start a pool for when World War III begins? I guess we won;t be here to collect if we win so, NO!

There is also the news of the NFL making players kneel during the National Anthem before the games. They can stay in the locker room until the song is done but if they are on the field they must place their hands over their hearts... I always sing the National Anthem when I am in a situation that the song is played but I TOTALLY accept that people have the right not to stand or sing.

I am so happy to see women winning political positions around the country. I hope that trend continues and they win larger and larger positions in our government. There have been many good and very bad women and men holding public office positions but something needs to change and I feel this could help.

Sinkholes, volcanoes erupting... our world is angry and many people are paying the price.

I am going to end now because I am getting myself worked-up. I hope you have a great rest of your day. I think I will blog agaon tomorrow and I will try to be more up-beat. TTTT...MITM (out) TA

No comments:

Post a Comment