Wednesday, May 9, 2018

May the Blog Be With You, Always!

well, that's a fine kettle of mulch
Holy Moly, it's already 12:52. I have gotten several things done today with the main one being getting the front yard mowed. I would also have done the back yard but there are things on the clothes line and I don't want them to get full of grass stains (especially the white bed spread). Sure hope it doesn't rain before it dries. I really wanted to get the front mowed because we have a load of mulch coming either tomorrow or Friday, Jill found a company out of Rockford that delivers the mulch and then: aerates the yard, pulls the weeds and spreads the mulch all for $100. I was tired of having to lug several bags of mulch home and then have to set the bags all around the yard and then spread it but for only $100 it would be stupid to not do this instead.

I only worked three days of my three because I had jury duty on Monday. I was there ALL day and then didn't even get selected. We all heard the details of the case and then went back down to the jury room and waited to see of our names were called to go up and be drilled by the lawyers to see if we were chosen as a juror. I was there ALL day and they filled the juries (they were selecting juries and alternates for two juries). Jill has been called many times for jury duty but, even though I vote ever single election (even the stupid ones like for dog catcher and stuff and she just votes for the biggies), I this was my first time. I was not selected and I am pretty sure why I was not. On the form that we had to complete and send  back one of the questions was "former employer." I wrote "Northern Illinois University Police Department" and I am fairly sure that is why I was not chosen. So I made $25 (check forthcoming) for sitting around and listening to nine heinous charges against the defendant and watching American Pickers in the jury room because that was what was on in there. I see why I don't watch that show.

We were allowed to use our phones and such (not in the courtroom itself, of course) so I texted Cha Cha a few times. One time she wrote, "maybe you'll get a murder trial." I wrote back something like "I wish because, based on what I have already heard in the court room, In my opinion this is much worse." I am trying to follow the case in the DeKalb County Chronicle newspaper because I am nosy. Why do you think I like working at the police department for so long? I felt like I was living a John Grisham novel but I was eliminated before chapter six. Grisham is one of my favorite authors though I have many favorites.

That reminds me that I need to head over to the library to pick up some books that I ordered from other libraries. I think that is pretty cool that, if your library doesn't have the books that you are looking for, you can put in a request and have them sent over from those libraries.

I am going back to St. Louis nest month for another Cardinals' game. This time I am going with Fabio (I think I mentioned a few weeks ago) that the last to time I was at a Cards, game was in 2006 for the World Series. So, I believe that was the last time that Noah was there. The night we're going on June 13th for Star Wars' night. A portion of the proceeds for this night goes to Stand Up 4 Cancer; does that mean that the tickets are tax deductible?  I already ordered the tickets and they may arrive today in the mail. In case you are looking to take me out I will be in Home Field Box, section 148, row one and in either seat number 3 or 4. I will be the old man of the people sitting in those two seats. We even get black jerseys with the Cardinals sitting on a light saber rather than on a bat on the front of the jerseys. I sure hope it doesn't rain that night because that is a long drive for a make-up game. Hey, the mailman came while I was mowing - I will be right back. I am going to go see if they arrived today or whether it is just a bunch of damn bills and junk mail. No tickets yet and mostly junk, as usual, but there was a paper shopping bag in the box for "National Association of  Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive." That is something that we will do. In addition to buying things specifically for this it will let us get rid of some things that we thought we needed and didn't use. Somebody else can benefit from our (mostly my) impulse buying.

It is looking a little dark outside so I am going to go out and check on that bed spread before it gets washed again, this time, by Mother Nature. "It's not nice to fool (with) Mother Nature." It was still a bit moist but I brought it in anyway because I believe it is going to rain very shortly. Don't tell Cha Cha but I put it in the drier for a bit. It will be fully dried very quickly.

I should probably figure-out something for dinner. Oh yeah, last night we had Noodles & Company dishes that I mentioned a day or two ago here that use zucchini noodles rather than pasta. It was pretty good (I had the pesto with grilled chicken) and I liked it. The one criticism I would have is that there was a lot of water at the bottom of the bowl when I was done. Jill said she experienced the same thing.

Okay, the drier just buzzed so I guess that is the end of the fourth quarter so I am going to wrap up. I am sure, since I am on a four-day weekend, that I will blog again tomorrow. Thank you for stopping by. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment