Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Baer of a Blog

It is almost 11:00 on Thursday and I am in a hotel room in Evanston, actually sitting at a desk, writing the blog. It seems weird and like a job when I am sitting at a desk. To make it worse there is a mirror in front of me and I keep seeing my ugly mug now and again. 


I want to warn you that if you follow my personal Facebook page that there is a very disturbing video on there about a very young child being badly beaten. I saw it and added it in hopes that someone would see it and know the person and get it to the proper authorities. One of my friends, who works in law enforcement, commented that the person had already been dealt with by the child's father and the justice system. I am not sure of any more details nor do I need any but I am glad that, in my mind and heart, the person was exposed and dealt with though I am not sure how I feel about the father dealing with the woman in like fashion. I try to think how I would have felt had I seen a video of my child being treated in this way. I know I would have freaked-out but, by nature, I am not a violent person. I will leave it at that though, as you know me, I have plenty more on my mind about it.

Time to move on so I don't dwell on this sadness and viciousness.

So, I am in the hotel room with a "late check-out" - 13:00. After I leave here I am going over to Skokie to the Old Orchard shopping center to find a rain coat for her. I am kind of her valet / bodyguard in many ways; maybe more like her Alfred and her being Batgirl or something. Or her Mr. Blackwell. I don't know much about picking-out ladies' raincoats. If I do poorly  I will return it next week.

I think I have told you that I have been watching a lot of the original Beverly Hillbillies shows on Amazon Prime. It is so funny how television has changed. I am not talking about color vs. black-and-white but more the sponsors. They show the sponsors on a billboard that the Clampetts drive by in the opening and some episodes it will Kellogg's and some episodes it will be Winston cigarettes. They will even work the two sponsors into the opening theme song and the show, on occasion. And, during the end credits there will be a photo included of a pack of cigarettes or a box of cereal. Boy, has television changed. They can't even advertise cigarettes on television anymore. I also find it amusing that they have the actor playing Jethro as Max Baer when he is actually Max Baer Jr.. Do you suppose that they were garnering more viewers by making them think that that the heavyweight boxing champion for 364 days in 1934/1935. You may also remember him as fighting James J. Braddock in Cinderella Man and losing the title to Braddock. Baer was portrayed as kind of a jerk in the film but I suppose that has been most boxers personas throughout the history of any kind of professional fighting.
 I didn't know Miss Jane smoked (Jed - not surprised) 

Last night I went and saw Avengers: Civil War with Fabio. I like the movie but I am not sure that I am entirely sure what happened. The movie was almost three hours long. My favorite thing was that Peter Dinklage was in the film and he was a giant. That amused me because he is 4'5" tall in real life. You may know him as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones. We saw the movie in 3-D. I think I would like anything in 3-D but I had not followed the series of films very closely so I was lost most of the time. It was definitely full of action and violence which were better in three dimension.

I have to wrap-up so I can get packed and checked-out and onto my raincoat shopping. I thank you, as always, for dropping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment