Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cinco de Blogo!

It already 14:08 on Saturday de Mayo. Jill has been gone most of the day to the doctor and getting her toenails of fingernails or some nails done. I have been doing laundry and various other chores around the house. Tomorrow I go back to work after having an eleven day weekend. If we are slow tomorrow and they offer to people the opportunity to go home I may do that; I like to spend as much time with Cha Cha as possible.

I contacted one of my work buddies from my previous job at the police department last night. I was curious if they have openings for me to return. I was delighted to hear that there is a position open and that they would love to have me back after a couple, or more, of years being gone. I don't know if I want to risk getting over there, working nights, just to find out that the night shift would kill me. The problem with me having to leave last time is that I was trying to work nights and stay awake more during the day too because the kids were younger. I loved the job and the pay and the benefits but I also like to be alive. Actually, I don't remember not being alive so there is nothing to compare it to. The shift would be the same as before - 22:00 - 06:00. decisions, decisions.

Of course, I start writing this and I hear the garage door going up. Guess who is home. I wonder what we will do for dinner on this Cinco de Mayo. Do you think our President celebrates Mexico's (sort of) 4th of July? I suppose, being a Saturday and all, every Mexican joint in the city will be packed. Last night we went for salads and I ended up having two bloody marys (no blue cheese olives, damn it) and five margaritas. Probably not the smartest choices given my trying to be more healthy. Bloody marys are mainly tomato juice and some salad fixin's and vodka the margaritas are a little more dangerous when trying to watch my Mattly figure.
Wow, now it's 16:02.and we had better think about getting to that Mexican restaurant (probably Eduardo's) before the place fills up. I will see if mama is ready to go. I will end again for awhile but will be back before you can say Jack Robinson. Since you just read that I guess I was wrong.

18:08 now just in case you are keeping a score card. I am going to end now and get a few more things done.Thank you for coming by and maybe, just maybe, I will blog again tomorrow even though my work week begins. TTT?...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment