Friday, May 4, 2018

Oodles of Zoodles

I think it's Friday. Yes, it is Friday "May the 4th Be With You Day" and tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. I have been watching what I eat and carbs are a tough one to avoid for me. But, I guess Noodles and Company has something new called "zoodles" that are noodles made from zucchini rather than pasta so it sounds like Jill is picking that up on her way home from work.  I don't really care for zucchini much but I don't like to be fat even more than I dislike zucchini. I was told that you can have whatever dishes they usually offer with the zoodles rather than having the regular pasta noodles. Okay, I investigated further and you can substitute them with any of their dishes for a 75-cent up-charge.

Then, on Sunday, it's Matt goes back to work after 11 days off in a row day. I am fairly sure we will go out for Mexican food tomorrow though I bet all of the Mexican restaurants will be packed. I would say that Mexican food is my favorite food. I wonder if they'll have zucchini tortillas and chips?

My dad just called and, while I was talking to him, I looked out of the kitchen window and I see that it is almost time to begin the weekly lawn mowing fun again. The fun parts are getting swatted by tree branches and stepping in dog land mines (poop). The last time I mowed I wore my red hardhat and I was happy that I did. The front yard isn't a hardhat zone but the back certainly is one. Then, when it gets warmer, there will be the mosquitoes.

The addiction I have for the Beverly Hillbillies lately is raging on. I never cared for the movie that was made in the early 90's with: Cloris Leachman, Dabney Coleman, Jim Varney, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, Zsa Zsa Gabor... However, I did think it was funny that Buddy Ebsen, who played Uncle Jed in the original television series that I am watching just about every day now, was in the movie but played another of  his television characters, detective Barnaby Jones. Did you remember that Buddy Ebsen was originally cast as the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz? Actually, he was going to play The Scarecrow at first but Ray Bolger wanted to be The Scarecrow so they swapped roles. Then, Buddy was allergic to the silver paint of the tin man and had to back-out all together. See what being a nice guy gets you Buddy? Weeeeell Doggie! I wonder if Bolger ever felt bad about that; I know I would have.

I just learned who the most famous comedian was the year I was born. In 1963 the most famous comedian was Jerry Lewis. Buddy Ebsen was the most famous comedian in 1966. I did not go looking for this but it just popped-up on my page. Oddly, the list begins with 1963 (the year I was born). Should I have an American comic when I was not born in this country? I don't know if there are any funny people from Germany.

I am going to have to go to the store today because I have a crisis on my hands - we are out of bananas. Yes, we have no bananas! But we will have more bananas today. We have apples and oranges to hold me over during these desperate times. I even ate the last of the grapes last night. What is this place coming to? There are always zucchini noodles on the way.

I have to go start some laundry as work resumes in a few days. Be right back.

I'm back.

I was one of people who got their password hacked on Twitter. Apparently, it happened to thousands of people. Twitter says that trolls are doing this kind of thing all of the time. This reminds me of The War of the Worlds. Is it just a coincidence that this happens right after I get back on Twitter or was I the target? Maybe we should all buy a bunch of stamps and go back to the old days of mailing paper letters?

Okay, as usual I have droned on again. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will be able to blog again tomorrow. Have a great day - the weather is nice here right now and I hope it is where you are too. TTTT...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment