Thursday, May 31, 2018

Peaches Day Tomorrow

Happy Thursday. My dad and I are heading up to Rockford (Illinois) tomorrow for some of the celebration of the Rockford Peaches' professional women's baseball team. The team's 75th Anniversary. I am sure that we will head over to Harlem Cemetery to see mom's new headstone too.
That's my bat girl mom on the left

I learned that a photo of my mom, as a Rockford Peaches' bat girl, appeared in today's Rockford Register Star newspaper. I will have to try to get a copy or two of the paper but I did see it on the newspaper's website so I know it to be true. I tried to print it but the file was too large. It is the same picture that I found when my dad and I were up at the Peaches' stadium Beyer Field months back.

I was gone for a while and now I am back. Jill and I went over to Fatty's for dinner. One thing that I really like about our town is that we are, for the most part, a very welcoming people. There are a few people who live here that I know who are, mildly, disabled. Many of the businesses will let them stay at their restaurants or musical venues while they are open... and buy nothing. They also give them complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and appetizers sometimes. There are many things that I don't care about in this city but this kindness makes up for most of those transgressions.
Don't worry. That asshat Trump is not on the show

We're home now and watching the new season of Arrested Development, Semi-Original Series on Netflix. What a funny show.

I think I want to make the blog more of a vehicle that makes a difference in the world rather than just my nonsense with the occasional making a difference by accident now and again. I am educated in journalism so that would make me feel like I was finally gaining back some of that Guaranteed Student Loan money that I had to repay? I did work for newspapers, radio and televisions stations and now I wish I would have kept that going with the low pay that may have lead to bigger money. So many cross-roads in life.

Why do we call ourself America? Maybe we are not "united" states?
Oh my, the St. Louis Cardinals game is on so I may have to go upstairs and listen to that. I will fall asleep before the end of the game, I am afraid. It was nice listening to the game yesterday while mowing the lawn. Noah and I will be at Busch Stadium in 13 days to see the game. Then, two weeks after that, Cha Cha and I will be in WAYYY Northern Wisconsin with no phone (signal), no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury. It will be fun and relaxing. I guess we will be a bit northeast of St. Paul, Minnesota. Maybe we will defect to Canada. I really, really love Canada and I am really tempted. I hope you have room for us Lawrence!

If you have any ideas for me to turn this into something more helpful to the Earth please let me know. I am open to anything that is legal to maritime (or any time) law. Thank you so much for coming by. I may blog tomorrow but I can not swear to that given the dance card. TTT?...MITM (out) YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment