Wednesday, May 30, 2018

What a Muddy Day

I am so glad that my weekend is here even though I have had a pretty busy day. On top of that I got time-and-a-half for my 12 hours yesterday being whatever holiday it was (Memorial Day I think). I knew that it was going to rain today so I mowed the lawn this morning and then I went over to Lowe's and got: some more sod (only four rolls this time), three bags of decorative river rocks, a bag of black dirt and some grass killer for where the rocks are going to go. When I got home I added some of the black dirt to the area where the sod was going so that it was level. I rolled out three rolls of the sod and it started sprinkling while I laid the sod. As I was finishing the rain really let loose so I did not even have to use our water to water the area; mother nature did provide. I am happy that the rain began because I was pretty tired and looked forward to a bit of rest. Man, was I a filthy, muddy mess. Now I am all showered and shaved and feel tired and hungry. Jill is picking up Portillo's on her way home. I am getting the usual - chopped salad with no back and no pasta.

It is already 17:29; man this day flew by. Don't the weekend days go by more quickly than the work days?

I watched Rocky this morning and I am watching Rocky II now. I think they pretty much went down hill after this one. I did find Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips) and Mr. T (Clubber Lang) entertaining - like circus performer entertaining. I may see if Paradise Alley is on one of the ROKU channels that we have. I have no idea why I am in a Stallone mood today. I also love the that The Penguin (Burgess Meredith) is Mickey.

The 75th Anniversary of the Rockford Peaches women's professional baseball team began today in Rockford. I may go up there tomorrow and Friday but I am not sure about Saturday. I will see if Fabio has to work tomorrow and maybe he can go with me or us. I am going to try for Saturday because I think that is the only day that Splenda will be able to go. I have a childhood (Life-long) friend coming up here from Kansas City on Saturday and then I will probably head up there again. I am glad I did not go today because of the rain.

I wish that damn salad would get here.

I don't have much more on my mind because I am tired, I believe so I am going to wrap it up. I will probably blog sometime tomorrow depending how the Rockford trip goes. I will call my dad in the morning to see if he wants to go too. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment