Wednesday, May 16, 2018

FAKE BLOG!

Not a successful businessman or husband - FAKE DAD!
I haven't blogged in five days and now it is 15:34 on this day already. Three of those days were my work days and we celebrated celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. I apologize for not wishing YOU (yes, YOU) a happy Mother's Day. You (yes, YOU) are one of the best mothers that I know. I can say that because I would not be friends with someone who wasn't a good mother if, in fact, they are a mother. I cannot say that about some of the father's that I know. This was the first year without my mom on a Mother's Day. Father's Day is on the 17th of June and I will be working again on that day so happy Father's Day to the fathers that I know that deserve to be celebrated. Now I think of poor Eric Trump for some reason. And Tiffany now too. And now Barron. Those poor kids, I cannot even imagine.

Oh, I have to call my dad quickly to let him know about Fabio's college graduation day next Saturday before I forget again. Talked to dad and he is coming to the graduation. Sounds like he is still getting the run-around from the IRS and everybody from my mom's dying. There wanted paperwork, paperwork, paperwork... He has people from the nursing homes and such helping him but what the hell? It;s pretty obvious that mom died from natural causes and they had joint everything other than maybe her retirement and such.
FAKE GRASS!

I mowed the front yard this morning and just finished the back before I started this blog. When I got done with the front yard I fertilized it and treated it for dandelions and weeds. In order to apply the fertilizer the grass needs to be moist. The front yard is small enough (with all of the flowers and trees...) that I could hose it down and then fertilize. So I did. When I got done with the forest in the back I laid some more sod. I only got four more rolls but I think I may need a few more to cover some of the areas that Jeff had been digging up. While I mow I always wear my red hardhat (as well as gloves and eye protection). We have lots of trees in the backyard and I always crack my noodle on one or two branches. The red hardhat saved me twice from the same branch today. I don't know what I ever did to that branch to have it try to knock me out. I bet, if I look, there are red marks on that tree.
Fake MP3 Player!
I always listen to music while I mow (my version of whistling while I work, I guess). This morning I found my iRiver, which happens to be red like my hardhat so I listened to that instead of my phone. My taste in music has not changed any at all. Maybe next time I will use my hot pink iPod Nano?

I must have odd shaped ear holes or something. They seem to be round and round earbuds fit in them very well and they stay in my ears. I have some ear buds that are kind of oblong and they don't stay in my ears. They pop out all of the time and I have to re-insert them. I have a pair of round ones that are wireless but they come out too because of the heavy receiver thingy on them. Do I need to get the old-fashioned can-type that I wore when I worked on news and television stations many years ago? I might get some of those that have the things that wrap on the top of the ears?

I think I am going to have to figure-out dinner for myself. I won't see Cha Cha again until Friday, I think. I am going to have serious withdrawals. I still have to fertilize the backyard so that is something. I am hoping for some rain late tonight to end early so I can fertilize in the morning (not me personally as I am unable to do that any longer).
Fake Baseball Players

For fun this evening I may order A League Of Their Own on Amazon Video or VUDU or Fandango Now or Sling. We already have all of those channels. I think I would go with Amazon Video first. They all will charge $2.99 and I am not sure if that is for one showing or 24 hours or what? I may just read one of my library books? I bet I can order A League Of Their Own on Amazon Prime and have it forever? I checked and I can order a double DVD of A League of Their Own and The Natural for $9.99 and have it here tomorrow from Amazon Prime, which we are a member of. Would I watch it over and over again? We have a DVD player built right into the radio/CD  player in the JEEP so I could just go watch it in the garage if I wanted to. I could get some popcorn and pretend that I am at a drive-in theater, Decisions, decisions. I now I would just fall asleep but, since it was purchased and not rented I would have the option of watching it later.

That makes me think (it does happen sometimes) - we still haven't gotten our tickets for the St. Louis Cardinals' game for next month. And I haven't gotten my $25 check from jury duty yet. The junk mail sure finds it's way here though. Okay, I am done and I may blog tomorrow because that is how I roll. Have a great night and thank you, as always, for stopping in for my shenanigans. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment