Friday, May 11, 2018

"Thank You for Coming" - how odd

It's almost 1 PM and I turned the furnace on here. The air conditioner had to work overtime for the past few weeks and now the lazy furnace can pitch in and help. Right now it is 49 degrees outside. That is not cold but it isn't Springtime weather.
And he told we jurors "thank you for coming"

I told you about my jury summons and the day (Monday) that I spent watching television and getting paid $25 (check still forthcoming) for nothing after hearing all of the charges and "meeting" the defendant, the lawyers, the bailiffs and the judge. I have been keeping a close eye on the case in the local paper (mostly because I am nosy and I wanted to know if my hunches/impressions were correct. I learned that most of the jury was made-up of female jurors (probably because women are smarter than men and they can make better, more rational decisions - so that was smart). If you wanted to know what I told Cha Cha was "worse (that murder) in my mind" I will add a link to the newspaper and, as you can imagine, it is the lead story but be sure you want to know one of the worse things than murder - HERE IS THE LINK. It might ask you to sign-up for the paper but you can read enough of it to get the gist. The bottom line is that this guy was sentenced to 90-450 years in prison with a minimum of 100 years. I am sure he will not enjoy prison as, even among most incarcerated men, even among most incarcerated men, what he did was , (in my words), "worse than murder - in my mind."

Yesterday the people who were supposed to be here with the mulch never showed up. Jill called them this morning and the guy said something like there was not enough money in them to come her for Rockford. He said something about her sending photos of the yard and he would get back to her. She called someone in town and they are coming out to look at the yard and give her an estimate. I have done it ever other year but I suppose I didn't do a good enough job? I will keep that up. My ear buds fall out over and over again when mowing. I even tried two different pairs. My ears must be oddly shaped. At least I got the yard entirely mowed before today's rain.

I have not feeling well but I think it is just a slight bug from the temperature fluctuations. I am run-down a bit and it may be that I have not been sleeping very well, as usual. Is it Autumn already? I think I missed summer but that's okay.

One of my bosses quit on Monday. We're not sure why but we were all told toward at the end of our second break. I will find out why because I have been a journalist for many years, worked at the police department and, as I have said and as you know, I am nosy, nosy, nosy. I am not much of a gossip but I just want to know everything that I feel that I should know and that is everything. I am a know-it-all wannabe.

I have been watching a movie/documentary called Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon on Netflix while writing this which is why this us taking so long,; not that you would know how long this is taking me. I had always liked Saturday Night Live, Second City Television (SCTV) amd The National Lampoon and this is pretty much about how they all got started and kind of morphed into SNL.

Wow, it's almost quarter after two now so I should end for today. I will probably blog tomorrow but Splenda and Andy and Fabio are all coming over tomorrow, I think. It may be Sunday because that is the actual Mother's Day day but I think Andy and Chloe are staying over night and they work quite a bit further east than here. I hope it is tomorrow because I work on Sunday. This will be the first year without my mom on Mother's Day. Okay, have a great rest of your day and I may blog again tomorrow but that depends on the social calendar and the information contained earlier in this paragraph.

Thank you, as always, for giving me a reason to stretch my fingers on this keyboard. TTTT (probably)...MIYM (out). If I don't get back here tomorrow I wish all of you mothers a very happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment